Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, i just messed everything up... (pls update that uninstall guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, i just messed everything up... (pls update that uninstall guide)

ok... where do i start.

I have an Asus Maximus IX Formula board and the G-Skill Trident Z RGB... so far with Asus Aura Software.
    NZXT Kraken X62 + CAM Software.
    EVGA 1080 FTW with PrecisionX
    and Corsair Keyboard + Mouse + Headset with CUE2

I just noticed when i use Asus Aura to do any of the more flashy effects (had it set to static blue for a few weeks now)... like flashing or meteor or something like that... the Mainboard and RAM do stutter or pause in the middle, then run the animation like nothing happened and suddenly pause and stutter again.

When i un-sync the RAM the motherboard alone does the animation fine, but as soon as i sync with the RAM it is stuttering again.
    Note: when the RAM is not synced and i only control the Motherboard the Asus Software doesn't allow me to change colors for Comet and Flash and Dash but does some rainbow thing instead, but it does the color i want when the RAM is synced !?!?!?!?

So, i updated BIOS to the latest version just now... no change.
    Updated Asus Aura to the latest version... no change.

OK, by now the G.Skill software should be out, so i had a brilliant idea, lets finally try their software and just let Asus Aura run without syncing it to the RAM. That should surely work without problems!

WELP, the BETA is certainly still an ALPHA.
    First of all i did not expect this software to be a copy & paste job from the Asus Aura software or i would not have bothered to test this at all, same thing, just without recognizing the Motherboard and a G.Skill logo in the corner.
    NOTE: the G.Skill software does the exact same thing with the stuttering and pausing. *sigh*

I notice that the G.Skill software has two or three additional effects (odd that Asus doesn't have them)... ok, lets try them just for the lols.
    and shortly after that it crashed.

welp... better reboot... and it crashes again on the next attempt.
    (i know now i should have uninstalled Asus Aura and CAM and that is why it was crashing).

I follow the clean uninstall guide as good as i can, which seems to be already outdated and pointing to wrong folders that aren't present in the current version anymore !?!?!?!
    It doesn't say or show what files are in the folder so i got no idea what i'm supposed to delete either.

things go from wrong to worse, a few minutes later i have Asus Aura installed again and ... it does not see the Mainboard, just the RAM but still displays the additional effects from the G.Skill software ?!... how is that even possible!?

rinse repeat... uninstall everything regarding Asus Aura and going through the clean uninstall G.Skill guide again. few more reboots and now i have Asus Aura installed again, it recognizes the Motherboard again and ONE of my TWO RAM sticks... the other stick still glows pink as i've set in the G.Skill software...

even when booting the RAMs show different effects before Windows can mess with them and not the default rainbow thing.

I pressed the default button in Asus Aura and it did reset the ONE ram stick it can see to the default rainbow thing...

uuh HELP?

ok... don't ask me how, a few reboots later and some half done asus aura install later now it works again.

...remains the pausing and skipping issue, but i guess i go harass Asus about that one.

Comment

Working...
    X