Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software BETA] Known Issues (OUTDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Trident Z RGB Software BETA] Known Issues (OUTDATED)

At the moment, the Trident Z RGB Control software is under beta. This means that there will be bugs. We hope to list out the known issues in this thread, and update it accordingly, so we can tackle the issues systematically.

Known issues are the ones that we are able to replicate with our systems. As long as we can successfully replicate the issues, then it'll be likely to find a way to fix it. If an issue occurs randomly with no pattern or if we can't replicate it, then it's much more difficult to find out how to fix it.

=====

v1.00.16 BETA

- Trident Z RGB LED lighting is controlled via SMBUS, so other software that use SMBUS may conflict with the Trident Z RGB lighting software.
    > At the moment, other system light controlling software may conflict with the Trident Z RGB software, including ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc. Please do not use two light controlling software at the same time.
    > If Trident Z RGB lighting effects are on and you open CPU-Z (or SIW or any other system info software), then the system info software may have trouble detecting memory SPD information. To work around this, please go into the Trident Z RGB lighting control software and click on the On/Off button on the upper right corner to turn off module lighting, and then open the system info software. Once the system info software finishes gathering data, module lighting effects can be turned back on.

- After experiencing software conflicts (such as the ones described in the points above) or after upgrading from v1.00.08 BETA, one of your memory module (or two) may be uncontrollable via software or remain dark. Make sure that you have v1.00.16 beta installed, and that you can open the software. Once you can do that, please try the following set of instructions to reset the lighting to the modules. In some cases, two or three cycles through #1-10 may be needed.
    1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.
    2. Shut down the computer.
    3. Disconnect the power cord, and wait for 3 minutes. (This is important!)
    4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the system.
    5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.
    >> If by step 5, the modules are not lighting up, then please do the following:
    6. Close the software.
    7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open and locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.
    8. Wait until the service to stop and start again. It should display “Running”.
    9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.
    10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory module should return to default lighting.

- On some motherboards, if only 2 modules are installed, you might get the error "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated." [CPU][_][X][_][X]
    > To resolve this, please install the memory modules in the other two slots, such as [CPU][X][_][X][_].
    > In other cases, if your system does not boot in dual channel mode, but can boot in single channel mode. This means you need to change the memory slots.

- [For v1.00.08 beta & v1.00.16 beta] There's a bug where the default color has its brightness turned all the way down, even though it shows up as red. So the small circle inside the triangle is not on the lower left corner. And when you change the color by rotating the knob on the color wheel, the brightness value doesn't change. The best way to resolve this (if you are on first install or after clicking on "Default") is to click the red, green, or blue box to the left of the color wheel. Then click the button below the five color group selectors to apply the same color to all groups. After this step, you can move that color wheel to any color you want for any color group without the brightness issue. (Note: The other lighting effects, like comet and flash and dash ignores that brightness value, so that color bug doesn't affect those lighting effects.)

v1.00.08 BETA

- On some Z170 motherboards, lighting effect on the second or third module (counting from the CPU socket) cannot be set. However, Cycle and Default can be correctly set. Most of these cases are seen on ASUS and MSI Z170 motherboards. This is due to incorrect addressing. (Resolved in v.1.00.16 BETA)

- On some motherboard, after some time of use, you might get the error "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated." It is more likely to get this error message for an unknown reason, if you are using 2 modules. Please try shutting down the system, install the modules in the OTHER 2 memory slots, turn on the system, then try opening the software again. If you are unable to control the lighting, but able to get the software open, please go to the "Run..." dialog and type in "services.msc" and find "AsRogAuraService", right click on it, and choose to restart. Wait until the service restarts and is running, and open the software again.

- On some systems with slow boot times, please wait until the system finishes the OS booting process to open the lighting software. If the background service is not running, then the software may give an error and crash. So wait until the system finishes with boot, and open the software again.

- If the system enters the "sleep" state, the lighting will stop and freeze. This is normal, as power consumption is reduced. The lighting effects should resume after waking up the system again.

- If the system enters "hibernation", and after waking up from "hibernation", the lighting control software cannot control the lighting on the module, please do the following: go to the "Run..." dialog and type in "services.msc" and find "AsRogAuraService", right click on it, and choose to restart. Wait until the service restarts and is running, and open the software again.

=====
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 02-04-2020, 11:18 PM. Reason: The Trident Z RGB Control software is no longer supported or available. Please use the newer Trident Z Lighting Control software that supports Trident Z RGB, Trident Z Royal, and Trident Z Neo series.

In case anyone wants to uninstall the v1.00.08 BETA software and wait until the next version is available, we recommend a manual clean uninstall. A manual clean uninstall would prevent any files that might have been left over and cause issues on future versions.

The instructions for a manual clean uninstall has been updated. Please see the sticky thread here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=80662
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 03-13-2017, 01:00 AM. Reason: Updated instructions

Comment

2 Dark Sticks

Hey there, so I attempted the steps you discussed above steps 1- 10, I get stuck at step 10, reopening the app it crashes every time, just want to get all 4 modules lit up, even with default settings.

Brand new build of windows 10 with no software other than this Gskill software.

4 X 8GB 3200,mhz Trident RGB Ram.

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7

Any Advice? Cheers

Comment

When it crashes, which error message is it giving you? And are you using v1.00.16 BETA?

Please also check that your motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest version, and you might also want to try switching the memory modules, like a reverse order or switching the left two modules with the right two modules.

Comment

Thankyou! there is a Beta bios out for my motherboard, should I get that? Yes using V16 Beta.

I did try a few switching configs, is it worth putting them in another machine? It seems to always be the same two that dont light up :'( Cheers!

Comment

Hi. I was trying colors on the lighting control software and my motherboards RGB fusion software. My ram has been dark ever since. My motherboards bios is updated and I have the v1.00.16 beta installed. I have tried to do what you posted but I can't even open the software. "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system!" Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Software crashing, software not detecting modules, and unlit modules are completely different issues.

If the software is crashing, then it's likely a conflict with another software or improper installation. Make sure to uninstall other lighting software, reboot, and then install the G.SKILL lighting software. And then reboot again to make sure it's properly initialized. It's also worth to look at your startup programs to see if there's anything that might stop the AsLedService to stop in the background. You can check if AsLedService is running properly by checking the module lighting (ones that are controllable). The modules would be running in sync or it would be running the set lighting effect if AsLedService is running. If the modules are not in sync, then the service is not running properly.

If the software is not detecting the modules, then check your motherboard BIOS version and that the modules are installed in the recommended slots. In some cases, running another lighting software at the same time may also trigger this error.

If there are unlit modules or uncontrollable modules, it's worth changing slots and opening the software to click on "Default" a few times, and then cutting power and reboot. This often helps to reset the lighting.

Comment

Still not working

All my modules are still unlit and the software still says "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system!"

I uninstalled the RGB Fusion and the Trident Z RGB control beta. Rebooted
                Installed the beta again, rebooted and it didn't work.

I checked the startup programs and I'm quite sure none of them is causing issues.

I also tried different slots and opening the software again and nothing helped.

I doubt it but could my Steelseries M800 keyboard and Logitech G502 Mouse possibly cause issues?
                (Edit: I did try to uninstall them and once again re install your beta software. Didn't do a thing)
                Last edited by Shu550; 05-15-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I've tried the steps above a couple times (1-10) and I still have a dark DIMM and now the other 3 are dimly lit and won't respond to the software.

Is there a step I'm missing or something I can do as a brute force workaround?

Comment

Is not user error. Is the ram that does not work. The lights come off and won't turn on. I have done three RMA on these ram sticks and they don't work as advertised. What does not work is the light. I have tried everything they say and nothing.

Comment

Hi, I just built a pc this past week. At first the Trident ran perfectly fine. I was able to control the lighting and everything. One day, one of them just stopped lighting up and since I couldn't figure out anything with the beta, I unistalled and installed it again. Ever since doing that it's been giving me the "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system!" error message. I have updated BIOS and have tried booting up my pc with just one ram stick in the normally unsused slot and it still gives me the error message. At this point I am unable to access the beta or have my ram sticks light up. I hope GSkill can fix this soon, that would be lovely. Any help is appreciated

MSI B250M Mortar Arctic Mobo
                      i5 - 7500
                      NZXT X42
                      EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
                      Corsair Fans
                      Logitech G910 Keyboard
                      Logitech G502 Mouse
                      Corsair RGB Mouse Mat
                      2 8gb Trident Z RGB (16gb)

I have CAM for NZXT, the logitech rgb control software, and the corsair rgb control software

Also forgot to mention that you can see the slightest amount of light at the bottom of the ram sticks.
                      Last edited by MariaSofia; 05-15-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Shu550,
                        Don't think it would be the keyboard or mouse software. Which antivirus software would you happen to use?
                        Would you also mind listing your motherboard model and the BIOS version? And what's the exact model number of the memory kit?
                        If that checks out, we may have to resort to RMA for a new kit, or wait until the next version to see if it helps.

Ente,
                        If you were able to restore lighting to one or two of the modules, then you might want to switch around the order of the memory modules and then try the 10 step reset again. Do make sure that the power cord to the power supply is disconnected when you're switching the modules. In some cases, the restoration may be slot specific for some reason.

Tucubanito07,
                        Did you RMA directly with us or with a retail store? And which motherboard model and memory kit model do you have? Is the BIOS updated?

MariaSofia,
                        Might want to check on the motherboard BIOS version. Some BIOS versions would cause the software to not detect the modules. Otherwise, please uninstall the Trident Z RGB software, reboot, and then send a CPU-Z system report (in .txt format, and can be done from the "About" tab of CPU-Z) to techsupport@gskill.com. The information may help us identify the issue more accurately.

Comment

Tucubanito07,
                          Did you RMA directly with us or with a retail store? And which motherboard model and memory kit model do you have? Is the BIOS updated?

I RMA directly with toy guys. I have the X370 Msi gaming titanium with the 3600 trident rgb Gskills memory. The bios is updated to the latest on Msi website. A little update. I put on the ram sticks and for some reason it still had the settings from when I changed it in the software. All four lights work as how I set them up. I have not open the software because I'm afraid it will shut other modules off. By the way. I use the software to read the modules and each module is from different manufacturers. One of the sticks is Samsung b die. Another from hynix and another for Samsung but W die I believe. Just really weird. If they all are not the same could that be an issue????

Comment

Originally posted by Tucubanito07 View Post
                            Tucubanito07,
                            I use the software to read the modules and each module is from different manufacturers. One of the sticks is Samsung b die. Another from hynix and another for Samsung but W die I believe. Just really weird. If they all are not the same could that be an issue????
                            What software did you use to read this information?

Holy hell 3 RMA's? There definitely seems to be an issue with remaining software causing an issue on your system. The fix in most cases is very simple (on the manufacturers part), but at the same time it's currently also extremely easy to cause issues with SPD - unless there's an underlying issue with the mobo or it's settings causing a memory (soft/hardware fault). If you don't mind me asking - what LED controller apps are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
                              What software did you use to read this information?

Holy hell 3 RMA's? There definitely seems to be an issue with remaining software causing an issue on your system. The fix in most cases is very simple (on the manufacturers part), but at the same time it's currently also extremely easy to cause issues with SPD - unless there's an underlying issue with the mobo or it's settings causing a memory (soft/hardware fault). If you don't mind me asking - what LED controller apps are you using?
                              The only rgb lights I have is the ram and the nzxt rgb strip. The software I use to read the ram was thaiphoon. I also just install the corsair for the keyboard and the mouse but none of those are for the ram which I know you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X