No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No steps outlines in this thread worked to bring my one stick back to life RGB wise. Running a gigabyte k-7 gaming mobo. At this point I am pretty much just waiting for newegg to get more stock so I can rma.

Comment

Okay, some GOOD NEWS!

I followed the clean uninstall guide http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14269

I then reinstalled the software and one of the previously dim sticks lit back up. One is still dim. But I am now fully confident that there is no permanent damage and G.Skill will get this working at some point. I'm eagerly awaiting that, but I'm very happy that they are working on it and it is most certainly solvable.

Besides one previously dim stick lighting up the software was working (I didn't really test every feature and I think a few modes were not working, but no crashes!) and I could use some of the features.

Progress.

Now I'm waiting for the next software revision...
      Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
      Intel i5 7600k
      Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
      4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
      1TB Samsung 960 EVO
      Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

I went through the clean uninstall again. This time powering down and removing power completely. Then reinstalled the software and powered down.

BOOM! All four sticks are now lit up!

I'm so happy.

Also, the software is working.

During this whole process I uninstalled the Gigabyte RGB Fusion software and I wonder if conflicts between it and the G.Skill software were part of my initial problem.
        Last edited by Gameface; 03-13-2017, 11:42 AM.
        Intel i5 7600k
        1TB Samsung 960 EVO
        Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Okay, not trying to spam here.

The software was working and everything seemed solid. Went and started doing other stuff and eventually noticed that the effect had frozen and my RGB lighting was static. I opened the software and it eventually froze.

I went back through the clean uninstall, powered down (removed power cord) powered back up and the sticks are doing their default thing, "Rainbow Wave."

I'm going to not install the software until the next version.
          Intel i5 7600k
          1TB Samsung 960 EVO
          Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

uhg, I've tried so many times, my one stick will not respond to anything

Last edited by n2nshadow; 03-13-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by n2nshadow View Post
              uhg, I've tried so many times, my one stick will not respond to anything

For me the stick didn't light up until I re-installed the software (and rebooted) after doing the clean uninstall.

Just doing the clean uninstall did not fix my issue.
              Intel i5 7600k
              1TB Samsung 960 EVO
              Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

I decided to pull the trigger on the rma. Just going to get a new set. Who knows when the new software will come out and if it will fix this issue.

mobo: gigabyte gaming k7

Comment

Followed the clean uninstall guide and still down the one Ram

Originally posted by MeiBee View Post
                  We started out with just one LED out, then at some point it became both of them. We've tried the shut down several times and at least two of those times we left the PC unplugged for 20+ minutes. At some point while my husband was doing some jiggery-pokery with the computer one of the two RAM lights came back, but we're still down one.

Motherboard is:
                  MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard (Z270 GAMING M5)

BIOS is: 1.50 2/15/2017

I have emailed tech support but no replies yet to help. Husband is getting to the point that he wants to just return the ram -- is there confirmation at least that the LED isn't broken permanently so I can reassure him that this is a temp issue?

Thanks xoxo

Comment

1 working, 1 down.
                    Clean uninstall did not get the broken one back.
                    With both rams the software starts, but it shows only the working one.
                    If I boot only with the broken one I get the "no trident z ram module found"-error in all slots.

I'm going to send them back and get new ones, or some evo x.
                    - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
                    - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
                    - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
                    - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
                    - Sound Blaster Z
                    - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
                    - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

We're testing many cases, and there's something we'd like you to try, which solved most of the test bench cases.

If you are using two modules and one module is not lighting up and stuck on "Off", please install the memory modules in the other DIMM slots. For example, if you are installing in a pattern of [CPU][_][X][_][X], where [X] is the installed slot, please change it to [CPU][X][_][X][_], or vice versa.

Then turn on the system and open the software, and click the "DEFAULT" button on the lower right. This should allow the software to correctly communicate with the memory module and reset the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                        We're testing many cases, and there's something we'd like you to try, which solved most of the test bench cases.

If you are using two modules and one module is not lighting up and stuck on "Off", please install the memory modules in the other DIMM slots. For example, if you are installing in a pattern of [CPU][_][X][_][X], where [X] is the installed slot, please change it to [CPU][X][_][X][_], or vice versa.

Then turn on the system and open the software, and click the "DEFAULT" button on the lower right. This should allow the software to correctly communicate with the memory module and reset the lighting.
                        With this I got 1 module back (2 of 2 were black before), but the other one remains dark, no matter what combinations I try. Tested all.
                        - Sound Blaster Z

Comment

Hi Schredder,

We're guessing the one that didn't light up is the one of the two slots in the middle? If so, please switch the slots that the modules are installed in and try again, including cutting power if the procedures involves a reboot.

*Didn't see that you said all combinations, but we're not sure if you've switched the positions. For example, [CPU][_][A][_][B] to [CPU][_][B][_][A].

You wouldn't happen to also have MSI Mystic installed, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                            Hi Schredder,

We're guessing the one that didn't light up is the one of the two slots in the middle? If so, please switch the slots that the modules are installed in and try again, including cutting power if the procedures involves a reboot.

*Didn't see that you said all combinations, but we're not sure if you've switched the positions. For example, [CPU][_][A][_][B] to [CPU][_][B][_][A].

You wouldn't happen to also have MSI Mystic installed, would you?
                            Hi, I have already switched the modules. I tried it with only the dark module installed too.
                            Mystic light was installed, but i have uninstalled every msi software atm.
                            I got the 1 module back after swapping and uninstalling the msi software.
                            The other one isn't recognized by the software. Tested every slot with only 1 module installed, and tested every combination with both modules.

I got 2 new sticks, now I have 3 working and 1 dark. Is there any hope that the dark one will be fixed soon? If yes, I will try to cancel the revocation and stick with my 4 modules. If no I will send the kit with the broken one back today or tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Schredder; 03-15-2017, 03:19 AM.
                            - Sound Blaster Z

Comment

Originally posted by Schredder View Post
                              Hi, I have already switched the modules. I tried it with only the dark module installed too.
                              Mystic light was installed, but i have uninstalled every msi software atm.
                              I got the 1 module back after swapping and uninstalling the msi software.
                              The other one isn't recognized by the software. Tested every slot with only 1 module installed, and tested every combination with both modules.

I got 2 new sticks, now I have 3 working and 1 dark. Is there any hope that the dark one will be fixed soon? If yes, I will try to cancel the revocation and stick with my 4 modules. If no I will send the kit with the broken one back today or tomorrow.
                              I got my dark sticks working. First one of them lit back up and then after a few more clean uninstalls and reinstalls the other one started working too.

I think it's really important to follow the clean uninstall guide. Don't just uninstall via windows, follow the guide. Shutdown between all uninstalls and reinstalls and I'd say remove power completely just to be sure.

I was concerned the dark sticks would never come back but I currently have 4 out of 4 lit up after 2 went dark.
                              Intel i5 7600k
                              1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                              Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

I hope this means we can still use the ram in a dual channel slot config. Either way, when I get my new ram, I am not installing the beta software until I hear from you peeps its working properly

Comment

Working...
                                X