Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm there with ya.

I do believe G Skill offers a lifetime warranty. For the price of 4 of these, I'll be pretty damn upset if they don't stand behind them. Considering we came forward right away, and they specifically asked us to wait on the new software. I personally don't have much faith in the new software fixing the issue, but who knows.

Newegg is out of stock so they are only offering a refund. bleh.

I see more and more people popping up with the same issue. I really hope they are addressing it.
    Last edited by n2nshadow; 03-10-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I have followed the "reset" instructions very carefully and have tried at least 6 times to get my dim modules to go back to factory default. No luck. Hearing other people talking about putting the modules in other PCs and they are still dim makes me think they are not going to come back, ever.

They said the problem with the software was basically an addressing error, well, it's possible they sent voltage somewhere they shouldn't have and now our modules that are dim are permanently damaged.

I do hope they make it right and I hope they don't expect us to wait months and months before they admit the modules are not fixable.

But of course, the best possible outcome would be that the next update solves our problems. Fingers crossed!
      Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
      Intel i5 7600k
      Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
      4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
      1TB Samsung 960 EVO
      Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Well, Monday my 14-days right of withdrawal will end. If there is no fix till monday I will send them back.
        - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
        - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
        - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
        - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
        - Sound Blaster Z
        - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
        - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

for the first couple of hours the led's were working on both ram sticks.

i installed the aura program and then the g skill rgb program. all of a sudden only 1 stick's led's were working the other one was not.

also only one stick is showing in the asus aura.

Thought i'm the only one with the issue.

tried everything in this topic nothing worked unfortunately
          Last edited by pcalogero1; 03-10-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Don't worry, we will get it all squared away ASAP. Any defects are covered just like any other G.Skill RAM; manufacturer lifetime warranty protects you for life as long as you do not physically damage the modules or remove the sticker.

This is new technology so we sincerely appreciate your patience during this time while we produce updates.
            Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 03-10-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

so should i wait for the new driver or rma them?

edit: should say that this happened the exact same moment i installed the g skill drivers while having AURA installed aswell
              Last edited by pcalogero1; 03-10-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

there is one thing i dont understand. how was the planing of this line of rams to begin with? surely gskill has a way of testing these things and controlling the led's before even considering to sell. i mean they should atleast be working perfectly with a couple of motherboards no? the ones gskill used to test the techology?

Comment

my problem was the gskill software does not detect my trident z rgb rams thats why the software is not opening..

my rams are installed in slot 2 and 4. i then transferred my rams to slot 1 and 3.
                  finally the software detected my rams lol.

i can finally use the software and use the different profiles. thanks!
                  Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
                  Asrock Z270 Extreme4
                  16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
                  Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
                  Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
                  ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

i suspected that to be an issue but i cannot place then on 1 and 3 because the kraken covers the first slot and msi stated slot 2 and 4 as primary. someone else was having the issue of software saying no rgb ram detected and i asked him to change slots to test but dont know if he did that or not. with so many reports of people complaining about how after a while one stick rgb dies i dont think i want to keep trying anymore

Comment

Originally posted by avioni View Post
                      i suspected that to be an issue but i cannot place then on 1 and 3 because the kraken covers the first slot and msi stated slot 2 and 4 as primary. someone else was having the issue of software saying no rgb ram detected and i asked him to change slots to test but dont know if he did that or not. with so many reports of people complaining about how after a while one stick rgb dies i dont think i want to keep trying anymore
                      hi im using an MSI Z170 krait mobo. i installed my rams at slot 2 and 4 as msi manual instructed, no tridentz rgb rams was detected so the beta software wont run.

so i transfered the rams to slot 1 and 3 YOLO!. and the rams was detected and the beta software turned on and i was able to use different lighting effects.

why the does your kraken covers 1st ramslot? lol
                      Asrock Z270 Extreme4

Comment

I was having an issue with one stick randomly went dark. I was using Maximus hero VIII z170 with the G skill software. Today I bought MB Prime Z-270-AR that support Aura sync. I installed Aura, synced everything and the dark stick turned on. Now both work.

Comment

Originally posted by edgar691 View Post
                          I was having an issue with one stick randomly went dark. I was using Maximus hero VIII z170 with the G skill software. Today I bought MB Prime Z-270-AR that support Aura sync. I installed Aura, synced everything and the dark stick turned on. Now both work.
                          the issue is really with software only, either the mobo bios is not updated or just the software not working properly.

the ram is not defective and works fine as it. i hope they fix the software soon
                          Last edited by botee; 03-11-2017, 06:59 PM.
                          Asrock Z270 Extreme4

Comment

Originally posted by botee View Post
                            the issue is really with software only, either the mobo bios is not updated or just the software not working properly.

the ram is not defective and works fine as it. i hope they fix the software soon
                            Agree. I thought the led went out. I guess the only solution if your stick is dark, connected to aura MB to light up again and not install the G Skill software until it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by edgar691 View Post
                              Agree. I thought the led went out. I guess the only solution if your stick is dark, connected to aura MB to light up again and not install the G Skill software until it's ready.
                              yes sir, the moderator also suggested doing uninstall and reinstallation of the gskill software too. he/she posted a step by step guide of what to do and delete
                              Asrock Z270 Extreme4

Comment

Originally posted by botee View Post
                                yes sir, the moderator also suggested doing uninstall and reinstallation of the gskill software too. he/she posted a step by step guide of what to do and delete
                                Following those steps did not work for me.
                                Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                                Intel i5 7600k
                                Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                                4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                                1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                                Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Working...
                                X