No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We started out with just one LED out, then at some point it became both of them. We've tried the shut down several times and at least two of those times we left the PC unplugged for 20+ minutes. At some point while my husband was doing some jiggery-pokery with the computer one of the two RAM lights came back, but we're still down one.

Motherboard is:
    MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard (Z270 GAMING M5)

BIOS is: 1.50 2/15/2017

I have emailed tech support but no replies yet to help. Husband is getting to the point that he wants to just return the ram -- is there confirmation at least that the LED isn't broken permanently so I can reassure him that this is a temp issue?

Thanks xoxo

Comment

For those with dark sticks or stuck sticks try this
      go to
      C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01

move the file LastProfile.xml out of the way.. I just moved it to my Desktop, then rebooted.. and my sticks are back to the default rainbow...

anyway probably not it, but simple enough to try so.....

Comment

Specs:

Evga X99 FTW K
        i7 6800k
        16GB TZ RGB 3200Mhz

First off, when I installed the ram my computer wouldn't boot. I reinstalled the original Trident Z 3200Mhz sticks (not RGB)
        and it booted with no problems. I put the RGB sticks back in and no boot. Next I took out one stick and it booted then swwaped
        out the stick with the one I took out and it booted. So I tried both sticks and no boot. I decided to move one stick from slot 5 to 7
        and then it booted with both sticks. (Original ram slot 1 and 5 perfect, RGB ram slot 1 and 5 no boot. RGB ram slot 1 and 7 perfect).

So now I try and start the program and I get the "No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM modules found on your computer system! Program will be terminated" error.

So going by the email avioni posted I noticed that I have C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\2.00.00 C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01
        installed but AXSP\2.00.00 is actually AXSP\1.02.00

I also noticed that I have the AsRogAuraService and Asus Com Service installed but the AsRogAuraService won't start.
        I get "Windows could not start AsRogAuraService service on local Computer." Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

The program has some how screwed with my Nvidia drives also. Uninstalled the G.Skill program and everything went back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil twin View Post
          Specs:

Evga X99 FTW K
          i7 6800k
          16GB TZ RGB 3200Mhz

First off, when I installed the ram my computer wouldn't boot. I reinstalled the original Trident Z 3200Mhz sticks (not RGB)
          and it booted with no problems. I put the RGB sticks back in and no boot. Next I took out one stick and it booted then swwaped
          out the stick with the one I took out and it booted. So I tried both sticks and no boot. I decided to move one stick from slot 5 to 7
          and then it booted with both sticks. (Original ram slot 1 and 5 perfect, RGB ram slot 1 and 5 no boot. RGB ram slot 1 and 7 perfect).

So now I try and start the program and I get the "No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM modules found on your computer system! Program will be terminated" error.

So going by the email avioni posted I noticed that I have C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\2.00.00 C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01
          installed but AXSP\2.00.00 is actually AXSP\1.02.00

I also noticed that I have the AsRogAuraService and Asus Com Service installed but the AsRogAuraService won't start.
          I get "Windows could not start AsRogAuraService service on local Computer." Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

The program has some how screwed with my Nvidia drives also. Uninstalled the G.Skill program and everything went back to normal.
          x99 is mentioned as not working at all with this beta version in the download link.

i had the same issue as you when first installing the ram. just had to manually set my memory controller voltage a bit higher and then it all worked fine. (only becuase i had it in manual to begin with.)

Comment

Hi,

I've similar problems:

After I had the rgb modules installed everything was fine.
            After a week I downloaded the rgb software and it started after a pc restart. Sometimes it crashed, but most of the time it worked.
            But 2 days ago the ram modules just were black suddenly and the tool does not start.
            With uninstall/install, swapping the ram slots, just start the pc with 1 ram stick etc I could get 1 ram stick back to working and the tool finds the stick too. But the other one just stays black all the time. Solutions mentioned in this thread doesn't help either.
            I've played around with the MSI gaming app and I recognized that the ram rgb behaviour is sometimes affected if I change the LED settings of my motherboard. But uninstalling the msi software and things like that did not help.
            Sometimes while playing around I got the "no trident z modules found" error, but most of the time I got the crash at start...something with wrong addresses.
            Now I'm stuck with 1 working and 1 black ram module. The tool can't find any of them, it always crashes at start now.
            I'm pretty mad at the moment, I paid 30€ additional just to get the rgb part and now it isn't working.
            I hope this will be fixed soon. Otherwise I think I will return the ram modules. I don't need a working software fast, I can wait for a working software solution, but a fast solution to get the modules back to default would be nice.

Maybe g.skill should get in contact with asus/msi/whatever, cause it looks like there are problems with motherboard softwares.

My specs:
            - Intel I7 7700k
            - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon (v 1.30)
            - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
            - Windows 10

Have a nice week
            Schredder
            Last edited by Schredder; 03-08-2017, 10:31 PM.
            - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
            - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
            - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
            - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
            - Sound Blaster Z
            - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
            - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

shredder, if all you want is to return to default rgb lighting on the ram. simply uninstall the gskill app, make sure both asus com and asrogauraservice are not running or installed. delete both asus and gskill folders, shut down. power off the powersupply for about 1 minute. power back on and everything should be fine.

Comment

No word on additional chipset support on the next software version yet. It'd be awesome if we do tho.

And that software integration would be one massive software project, since it would need to deal with USB device access and motherboard SMBUS access. And that UI would be difficult to design as well.

Comment

Originally posted by avioni View Post
                  shredder, if all you want is to return to default rgb lighting on the ram. simply uninstall the gskill app, make sure both asus com and asrogauraservice are not running or installed. delete both asus and gskill folders, shut down. power off the powersupply for about 1 minute. power back on and everything should be fine.
                  Multiple attempts at doing this have not resulted in my two dim sticks lighting back up and going into "rainbow wave." They are both still dim.

I'm on a Gigabyte Z270 Aorus Gaming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaming 7)
                  Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                  Intel i5 7600k
                  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                  4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                  1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                  Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by avioni View Post
                    I will try this later after work, but I am pessimistic.
                    I'm going to uninstall the msi software too.
                    - Sound Blaster Z

Comment

day 9 since the beta software was released. im still using the default RGB effect
                      Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
                      Asrock Z270 Extreme4
                      16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
                      Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
                      Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
                      ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

0 success with software. Just freezes. Now I have one stick of ram that wont light up except for a dim purple light on one corner of the ram. Even threw that stick in a completely different machine. I have tried power cycling and killing all power to the mobo. Also tried reinstalling software. Now the software just closes after saying ram stick not found. My specs are below.

Mobo: Asus aorus gaming K7
                        Memory: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
                        cpu: I7 6700k
                        Last edited by chelch; 03-09-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Hi again, tested the following:

Uninstalled the g.skill software, the msi control center and the msi gaming app, restarted, cleaned the registry and shut down the pc for about 5 minutes with the powersupply off and restarted.
                          Still the same, 1 stick does work, 1 not.
                          But after I installed only the g.skill app I could start it.
                          The problem is that it is just detecting the 1 ram stick that is already working. Changing the mode doesnt work correctly neither.
                          After a few restarts and swapping the ram slots I surrendered again, 1 stick is dark.

I'm mad.
                          Last edited by Schredder; 03-09-2017, 10:36 PM.
                          - Sound Blaster Z

Comment

I have been unable to get my one stick of ram back to normal. Tried everything on this thread. A bit torn if I should just RMA via new egg and get a replacement or wait for new software that is "supposed" to bring the stick back to life.

Comment

I am also very concerned that my dark sticks are going to stay that way. Not sure how much time to give G.Skill before I don't have the option to return them.
                              Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                              Intel i5 7600k
                              Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                              4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                              1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                              Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Well...if you bought off new egg and amazon you have 30 days. I just got it last week so I have a few weeks and then I will probably pull the trigger and rma if the new software doesn't bring it back to life.

I wonder how hard it would have been to add a little reset switch on the ram to reset the lights...

Comment

Working...
                                X