No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey-Foxtrot Thank you for posting the guide to using taiphoon burner. after 2.5 months of merry-go-ram from G.Skill finally get a fix that actually works from a fellow community member. I flashed the SPD, restarted and then installed the G.SKill beta again and works 100% for a few hours until the new Gaming App came out and broke them, now my computer won't even post.

2.5 months ago G.Skill was less aware of compatibility issues with other software and since then have mentioned not to use other programs at the same time, that it would cause crashing and conflicts, but they NEVER said that the DRAM SPD data would be corrupted forever if you do. This is VERY important information that left me without my RAM for over 2 months.
    Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 06-09-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• I wanted to avoid using the Taiphoon Burner method hoping that maybe G.SKILL would find a more elegant solution, but I had some extra time today and downloaded the software to try to restore the lighting. To my dismay, the program reports that there are no errors from either stick, yet still only one stick shows up and is controllable in the G.SKILL software while the other remains completely off. Does this mean that the LEDs in one of my DIMMs are broken? An RMA is not an option for me, so if the LEDs are broken, that means that I've got no chance of getting this kit to work, which would be unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeviceEnforcer View Post
        I wanted to avoid using the Taiphoon Burner method hoping that maybe G.SKILL would find a more elegant solution, but I had some extra time today and downloaded the software to try to restore the lighting. To my dismay, the program reports that there are no errors from either stick, yet still only one stick shows up and is controllable in the G.SKILL software while the other remains completely off. Does this mean that the LEDs in one of my DIMMs are broken? An RMA is not an option for me, so if the LEDs are broken, that means that I've got no chance of getting this kit to work, which would be unfortunate.
        Mobo/Memory info? Also have you contacted G.Skill about this? I've seen this happen a couple of times where folks wrote a non-RGB dump to their RGB ram.

You have your reasons for not wanting to RMA - but before proceeding rewriting your SPD - please note that you could possibly void your warranty doing so. With that said - check out your HEX dump:

In Thaiphoon Burner, first read your memory SPD info, then click on Dump. Once the HEX editor is open:

right click on the dump area and select "Hex to Char Conversion" and click on the second set as indicated below

You should see the following in the circled area (IF you have TridentZ RGB memory):

If it's blank write the proper dump to your sticks. Again, this is not the recommended route by G.Skill and I would contact them first before flashing/writing anything as you may void your warranty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
          Either RMA it or check SPD - I'm fairly certain it'll show as corrupt at this point. It's an easy fix detailed elsewhere on this forum if you don't want to RMA (search for "Thaiphoon Burner").

Thanks Whiskey-Foxtrot... However to write using Thaipoon I need to purchase the full version right?

Comment

• Originally posted by PandaMan View Post
            Thanks Whiskey-Foxtrot... However to write using Thaipoon I need to purchase the full version right?
            Yes - the minimum of $14 or $16. I jumped on that as I didn't want to RMA - I'd be paying about the same amount and didn't want to be out of a system for however long an RMA takes, plus it's one less thing G.Skill has to worry about. Besides, it's one of the best tools I've purchased. I can always do most SMBus writing through one of my Linux systems, but it's a LOT more time consuming. With TB it only takes 3 minutes or less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
              Yes - the minimum of $14 or $16. I jumped on that as I didn't want to RMA - I'd be paying about the same amount and didn't want to be out of a system for however long an RMA takes, plus it's one less thing G.Skill has to worry about. Besides, it's one of the best tools I've purchased. I can always do most SMBus writing through one of my Linux systems, but it's a LOT more time consuming. With TB it only takes 3 minutes or less.
              Is SPDTool not working ? It looks it does the same think than TB, but with a free software.

Also, as this topic is to post our issues, mine is :
              - one of two ram module stay dark
              - can't open g.skill software "no module detected". So I can't click on "default".

I'm in touch with support to know what they want me to do at this point. I don't care anymore about controle it, but I paid twice the standard price so I want it to work, and I won't wait another 6 month.

Also, thanks for every one giving feed back or solutions

Comment

• Originally posted by t0FF View Post
                Is SPDTool not working ? It looks it does the same think than TB, but with a free software.

Also, as this topic is to post our issues, mine is :
                - one of two ram module stay dark
                - can't open g.skill software "no module detected". So I can't click on "default".

I'm in touch with support to know what they want me to do at this point. I don't care anymore about controle it, but I paid twice the standard price so I want it to work, and I won't wait another 6 month.

Also, thanks for every one giving feed back or solutions
                I'm sure G.Skill will take care of you.

As for SPDTool, I've used that one as well (back in 2008/9) and there's no comparison to TB. I haven't seen (m)any folks using it still.

Comment

• Thank you for your answer.I will wait for support before trying anything, anyway I won't buy any software for that.

I guess I will ask for a refund as nothing change for month....

Comment

Thank you for your answer.I will wait for support before trying anything, anyway I won't buy any software for that.

I guess I will ask for a refund as nothing change for month....
                    They don't offer refunds...

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroCrusher View Post
                      They don't offer refunds...
                      I know, I read some feed back here about it.

But if I want (and I do ! ) to get in touch with a lawyer (France have really strong consumer organization) about it, it's probably more fair to at least ask for it before...

G.skill never said anything about motherboard compatibilities, that's the problem. Even if i RMA it, I still can't open MSI software without breaking ram lighting again. As g.skill warrantie is for original customer only, I can't sell it to someone else. I'm sad for G.skill because it's a good product on paper, but refund is the way they should go if they can't fix SPD problems quickly.

Comment

• I just downloaded SPDTool to check it out as a free alternative to Thaiphoon Burner (which works fine on my system). SPDTool opens and give me the error shown below. All I did was open the program and this message pops up. I can't read or write to my G.Skill DIMMs. No idea what the problem is. I guess I will stick with Thaiphoon Burner.

Attached Files

Comment

I know, I read some feed back here about it.

G.skill never said anything about motherboard compatibilities, that's the problem. Even if i RMA it, I still can't open MSI software without breaking ram lighting again. As g.skill warrantie is for original customer only, I can't sell it to someone else. I'm sad for G.skill because it's a good product on paper, but refund is the way they should go if they can't fix SPD problems quickly.
                          What motherboard are you using that the memory isn't compatible with? Can you not return it to the place where you bought the memory from?

I didn't think G.Skill did refunds as this is always handled by the reseller; beyond that point it's up to G.Skill to honor whatever warranty is available as long as the warranty wasn't voided.
                          Last edited by Whiskey-Foxtrot; 06-12-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                            Try this download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...zd6dGUtdEpqSTQ

And as Whiskey-Foxtrot has mentioned, you'll have to make sure the Temp folder is cleared manually. It should be located under (for Win10): C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp

When deleting the files, it's best if you don't have any applications open, just in case some software is using some files, which would prevent it from being deleted.
                            I've done this all and I still get the install failure.

Comment

• @Whiskey-Foxtrot
                              I probably wait too long for refund by reseller (i think it's 15 days in my country).

My motherboard is a MSI z270 Gaming Pro carbon.
                              The motherboard and the ram are good together, but not the MSI lighting app and the g.skill rgb app together. I would have buy an Asus motherboard instead as it seems to be better, but now it's a bit late as I already bought expensive waterblock for my Msi motherboard.

I could borrow some ram to RMA my two trident RGB sitcks if g.skill doesn't allow to RMA one of a two sticks kit. However some people already have to RMA it 3 times, that's not verry encouraging to be honest.

@BillB
                              Thanks a lot for this feedback !

Comment

• Originally posted by Fladust View Post
                                I've done this all and I still get the install failure.
                                If you've tried deleting the temp folder G.Skill tech mentioned it *should* get rid of that error message. Now if you've manually deleted the g.skill folders/files from C:\Program Files\* instead of using the uninstaller you will have issues with your Windows registry which you will have to resolve manually. Also check your Windows processes to make sure lightningservice.exe (or whatever other LED controller app you've installed on top of the G.Skill LED controller app) - make sure that's all shutdown!

Originally posted by t0FF View Post
                                @Whiskey-Foxtrot
                                My motherboard is a MSI z270 Gaming Pro carbon.
                                The motherboard and the ram are good together, but not the MSI lighting app and the g.skill rgb app together. I would have buy an Asus motherboard instead as it seems to be better, but now it's a bit late as I already bought expensive waterblock for my Msi motherboard.
                                Oh you meant software - I was apprehensive at first about using the app as it's still in Beta but it also states specifically not to use any other LED controller software:

"The software will conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install both software at the same time, or there may be software conflicts. We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs." - http://gskill.com/en/download/view/t...control--beta-

I don't know if the reseller would do a refund anyway because of a software issue I would still check with them first as that would probably be the easier route for a refund or exchange.

Comment

Working...
                                X