No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So one of my Sticks remains "dark". I say this because there is a glow from some LEDs still there. The other stick is working and I can open the control software and change its mode.
    However, for a period of time i could not use the software because the sticks were not recognized.
    I figured out that this is related to an entry in the SPD. It is important that Line 1F0 States
    52 47 42 and the rest zeroes. As some of you may notice this states RGB in ASCII. So one of the sticks did not have that and i used typhoon burner to change that and write it into the SPD, and afterwards i was able to access the software again. But i have not figured out how to get the LEDs on the second one working again... It seems so awkward that there does not seem to be any proper reset functionality on the hardware...

Edit1: So I just did another read of the SPD by Typhoon Burner just after system restart and it showed CRC errors for both sticks. Also the LED animation of the working module was set to color circle, not rainbow mode. So I went in the software and set it to Default (was successfully applied). Then I reread the SPD again and the CRC errors are gone.

I wish GSkill would provide fresh SPDs for all their kits so we could use them to reset the sticks. I have the feeliung that this would help a lot

Edit2: I just removed the working stick from the system and tried with only the other stick inserted. When only the non working stick is in the control program will always crash. I had a backup of the working sticks spd and flashed it onto the non working one but that did not change a thing.

I am using them on a MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic on Bios Revision H4 with an Ryzen 5 1600. The kit is the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    Last edited by d.giessing; 06-04-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• I've been having huge issues with the ram since i bought em 2 weeks ago;

missing light on both sticks.
      only having light in one of them at a time.
      when choosing different settings exept static the would not be in sync with each other.
      Having to cold boot the system to get them to react to the settings i chose and seconds after it desynced.

I formatted my system 9 times and each time i chose only certain drivers and programs to see what is blocking the route.

I thought i went through it all but i found out that even the standard Corsair Link software (without the RBG) is Blocking the SPD route somehow after i uninstalled it i havent had problems with the ram at, all.

I know they say to not have any RBG software installed but i dont have anything. So it seems basic CA Link has hidden RBG feature.

Speccs;
      I5 6600k
      Asus Maximus Viii Impact
      16gig Trident z RBG
      MSI 1070 gaming X

Comment

• Originally posted by d.giessing View Post
        So one of my Sticks remains "dark". I say this because there is a glow from some LEDs still there. The other stick is working and I can open the control software and change its mode.
        However, for a period of time i could not use the software because the sticks were not recognized.
        I figured out that this is related to an entry in the SPD. It is important that Line 1F0 States
        52 47 42 and the rest zeroes. As some of you may notice this states RGB in ASCII. So one of the sticks did not have that and i used typhoon burner to change that and write it into the SPD, and afterwards i was able to access the software again. But i have not figured out how to get the LEDs on the second one working again... It seems so awkward that there does not seem to be any proper reset functionality on the hardware...

Edit1: So I just did another read of the SPD by Typhoon Burner just after system restart and it showed CRC errors for both sticks. Also the LED animation of the working module was set to color circle, not rainbow mode. So I went in the software and set it to Default (was successfully applied). Then I reread the SPD again and the CRC errors are gone.

I wish GSkill would provide fresh SPDs for all their kits so we could use them to reset the sticks. I have the feeliung that this would help a lot

Edit2: I just removed the working stick from the system and tried with only the other stick inserted. When only the non working stick is in the control program will always crash. I had a backup of the working sticks spd and flashed it onto the non working one but that did not change a thing.

I am using them on a MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic on Bios Revision H4 with an Ryzen 5 1600. The kit is the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
        You will keep running into this corrupted SPD issue regardless of how many times you "restore" your SPD to it's original state as long as you have multiple apps accessing (R/W) SPD. This is an inherent flaw with how the control software works and until that gets fixed you will keep having to chase an SPD-rewrite.

On a side note, I haven't had any issues since I figured out the fixes for MY system with the help of Typhoon Burner - but prior to that whenever I try to switch to one of the flashing modes and restart immediately after doing this, I would end up with a corrupt SPD - everytime. I also think it's coincidence, but since I've been on the BETA BIOSes for my board, I haven't had ANY occurrences of my SPD getting corrupted - whether I switch to a different mode and pull the power plug while I'm changing it etc. I simply can't reproduce it anymore.

The other thing I did was completely uninstall the G.Skill beta software (including removing ALL registry entries etc with CCleaner) and I can change modes to my hearts content. Simple uninstalls will not work with beta version 16 and below - you HAVE to thoroughly clean your system from all left over folders/files/reg entries BEFORE installing another LED controller app.

Comment

• Yeah it's just that i do not have any other RGB software or even HWInfo, CPUZ installed anymore... If i could only get the other stick working again...

Comment

• LightingService.exe high process CPU utilization

i have a problem with 32GB Trident Z RGB software v1.00.xx - v1.00.22 BETA / AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe.

As I start any simple program like for example mozilla firefox browser or Music.UI.exe(Microsoft windows 10 Groove-Music) than I get extremely high CPU utilization with ur AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe 13-30% sometimes 60% in the background process and that without gskill software music light mod!

And when I run the program HWMonitor to control my cpu or gpu temperature than Freezes and crash the gskill software complete and than stops my 32GB Trident Z RGB RAM his lighting! and the AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe process Starts to go up high!

My system ist Freshly installed with windows 10 pro
            Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE (Current BIOS 3401)
            i7-6700k 4-4.2GHZ (not oc)
            32gb gskill Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz (not oc 2133MHZ)
            asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (Current BIOS 1.02)

Way i can not change the RGB Colour settings and the 32GB Trident Z RAM Remember this, Without using this AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe service always in the background!

with this tool "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2" for ASUS STRIX-GTX1070 can i change my Graphic card RGB Light and than close the tool, and the graphic crad remember my RGB Lighting settings forever Without any background process.
            Why not synonymous with your program?

13-30% sometimes 60% Processor utilization is a really extreme problem!

pls fix this
            thx

sorry my english bad
            Attached Files
            Last edited by arkloom; 06-06-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• I'm trying to install the new updated program for the RGB and now I'm having issues. I had the old one uninstalled after it lost control of the sticks. And now I am trying to install the new one and I'm getting an error.

Comment

• Originally posted by arkloom View Post
                i have a problem with 32GB Trident Z RGB software v1.00.xx - v1.00.22 BETA / AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe.

As I start any simple program like for example mozilla firefox browser or Music.UI.exe(Microsoft windows 10 Groove-Music) than I get extremely high CPU utilization with ur AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe 13-30% sometimes 60% in the background process and that without gskill software music light mod!

And when I run the program HWMonitor to control my cpu or gpu temperature than Freezes and crash the gskill software complete and than stops my 32GB Trident Z RGB RAM his lighting! and the AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe process Starts to go up high!

My system ist Freshly installed with windows 10 pro
                Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE (Current BIOS 3401)
                i7-6700k 4-4.2GHZ (not oc)
                32gb gskill Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz (not oc 2133MHZ)
                asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (Current BIOS 1.02)

Way i can not change the RGB Colour settings and the 32GB Trident Z RAM Remember this, Without using this AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe service always in the background!

with this tool "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2" for ASUS STRIX-GTX1070 can i change my Graphic card RGB Light and than close the tool, and the graphic crad remember my RGB Lighting settings forever Without any background process.
                Why not synonymous with your program?

13-30% sometimes 60% Processor utilization is a really extreme problem!

pls fix this
                thx

sorry my english bad
                I am not surprised you are seeing high CPU utilization. Many utilities offered by hardware manufacturers are resource hogs. ASUS AI Suite and AURA are prime examples as is Corsair Link. High CPU usage, memory leaks, improper SMB Bus interlocking. Properly coded programs like SIV barely use 3%.

I have never understood why companies that develop and sell performance hardware to enthusiasts then couple it with utilities that degrades system performance far more than they need to. SIV does everything Corsair Link can do, and many things it can't, is rock stable, and uses hardly any resources. It also uses the proper SMB Bus interlocks. The developer of SIV is aware of the G.Skill LED RAM debacle, knows exactly what the problems are, and could easily add full control support for G.Skill LED RAM to SIV but does not want to get into the "Your program bricked my RAM" issues.

He has been trying to get ASUS to fix their code for years. He did convince Corsair though Link continues to be plagued with poor coding bugs. I suspect ASUS may finally be coming around, perhaps in part because their improper SMB Bus access is now causing problems with LED RAM that uses the SMB Bus for LED control data. So you may start to see improvement in that regard. They are going to have to use the proper interlocks if LED RAM is ever going to work. As for more efficient CPU usage - I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

• RGB and software not working after update

This is extremely aggravating. Before the update my RGB is perfectly fine. After updating it wont light up it wont even let me in the software. Getting error "no g.skill trident z rgb dram module found on computer". I've tried every fix that you are currently recommending including reseating modules. Updating BIOS. Doing a clean uninstall of the software, trying different dimm slots, uninstalling other RGB software. It still wont light up and I still cannot get into the software. This is frustrating to the point that I want my money back. We paid a good amount to have this RGB ram of yours but we are getting no response when we email your tech team. FIX THIS!!! this type of after sales service is very poor. And just so you know my mother board is completely compatible with my Trident Z RGB. here's my current system..

Asrock Z270 extreme 4 updated to the latest BIOS
                  Intel i5-7600k
                  Trident Z RGB 3000 2x8gb

Comment

• Originally posted by Fladust View Post
                    I'm trying to install the new updated program for the RGB and now I'm having issues. I had the old one uninstalled after it lost control of the sticks. And now I am trying to install the new one and I'm getting an error.
                    This error is because of a previous failed installation and the temp installer files need to be deleted manually. Clear all your temp folders and installation should continue as normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PandaMan View Post
                      This is extremely aggravating. Before the update my RGB is perfectly fine. After updating it wont light up it wont even let me in the software. Getting error "no g.skill trident z rgb dram module found on computer". I've tried every fix that you are currently recommending including reseating modules. Updating BIOS. Doing a clean uninstall of the software, trying different dimm slots, uninstalling other RGB software. It still wont light up and I still cannot get into the software. This is frustrating to the point that I want my money back. We paid a good amount to have this RGB ram of yours but we are getting no response when we email your tech team. FIX THIS!!! this type of after sales service is very poor. And just so you know my mother board is completely compatible with my Trident Z RGB. here's my current system..

Asrock Z270 extreme 4 updated to the latest BIOS
                      Intel i5-7600k
                      Trident Z RGB 3000 2x8gb
                      Either RMA it or check SPD - I'm fairly certain it'll show as corrupt at this point. It's an easy fix detailed elsewhere on this forum if you don't want to RMA (search for "Thaiphoon Burner").

Comment

• Originally posted by BillB View Post
                        I am not surprised you are seeing high CPU utilization. Many utilities offered by hardware manufacturers are resource hogs. ASUS AI Suite and AURA are prime examples as is Corsair Link. High CPU usage, memory leaks, improper SMB Bus interlocking. Properly coded programs like SIV barely use 3%.

I have never understood why companies that develop and sell performance hardware to enthusiasts then couple it with utilities that degrades system performance far more than they need to. SIV does everything Corsair Link can do, and many things it can't, is rock stable, and uses hardly any resources. It also uses the proper SMB Bus interlocks. The developer of SIV is aware of the G.Skill LED RAM debacle, knows exactly what the problems are, and could easily add full control support for G.Skill LED RAM to SIV but does not want to get into the "Your program bricked my RAM" issues.

He has been trying to get ASUS to fix their code for years. He did convince Corsair though Link continues to be plagued with poor coding bugs. I suspect ASUS may finally be coming around, perhaps in part because their improper SMB Bus access is now causing problems with LED RAM that uses the SMB Bus for LED control data. So you may start to see improvement in that regard. They are going to have to use the proper interlocks if LED RAM is ever going to work. As for more efficient CPU usage - I wouldn't hold your breath.
                        Thank you for the information. Yes for this reason I have also never used Asus tools with background processes. I bought this Trident Z RAM because I thought it works independently without any asus or other background programs. I had not known that Trident Z RGB software works with asus aura service.
                        I have uninstalled the software and AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe now. And must now use the default setting with rainbow colors, which I do not like! And now the problem is i can not turn off the RAM led lighting.

Comment

I'm trying to install the new updated program for the RGB and now I'm having issues. I had the old one uninstalled after it lost control of the sticks. And now I am trying to install the new one and I'm getting an error.
                          As an added note, corrupted files in the install folder can also cause this error message. Might want to re-download the ZIP file, and then extract it again.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                            As an added note, corrupted files in the install folder can also cause this error message. Might want to re-download the ZIP file, and then extract it again.
                            Ok I've run disk cleanups and redownloaded and I'm still getting the same failure. Is there a program you guys suggest or specific files I should be searching for that would be making these issues.

Comment

• Try this download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...zd6dGUtdEpqSTQ

And as Whiskey-Foxtrot has mentioned, you'll have to make sure the Temp folder is cleared manually. It should be located under (for Win10): C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp

When deleting the files, it's best if you don't have any applications open, just in case some software is using some files, which would prevent it from being deleted.

Comment

• First of all I apologize for the translation, I write with the help of Google translate. I do not know exactly how, but my dark RAM has improved again. All I did was make Windows 10 Version 1703 05, CPU-Z and the MSI Gaming App software update. In addition, after removing the RGB software and removing the power connection for 5 minutes and reinstalling the G.SKILL RGB software again, it works perfectly in 2 bars. I hope it will not happen again.
                                Last edited by alito; 06-08-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X