No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All sticks should go back to default if the power is turned off then back on until the service starts. All 4 of mine do.
    Intel i7 6700K
    Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
    32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
    Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
    (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• had a stick that dosen't sync on my x99 before, what i did was clean install the RGB control set it to default, did a clean uninstall with ARASUninstall.exe. reboot enter bios Disable DRAM SPD Write. that solved my problem.

Before that i cleared all my registry that contains Aura or G.Skill RGB controls.

Comment

• Is rainbow hard coded in to these modules by default? More importantly is it at all possible for me to hard code the lighting effect I like in to the modules and then uninstall the software so I can use my other RGB components without the conflicts?

I guess this question goes to the engineers/developers at g.skill
        --------------------------------------------
        Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
        i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
        16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
        NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

• Both sticks dark as well...

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 latest BIOS
          7700k CPU
          Last edited by HeroCrusher; 04-04-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
            All sticks should go back to default if the power is turned off then back on until the service starts. All 4 of mine do.
            Should but don't I've done that so many times it's laughable.

Comment

• I hope they will fix the problems. The ASUS Software isnt the solution either.
              I deinstalled it and i dont want to see this rainbow effect anymore.
              Pls GSKill Team fix that, paid a lot of money only for the RGB...

Comment

• I have 4x8gb sticks and after all this installing and uninstalling this crappy software only 2 of them light up. At this point I just want all 4 to light up and do the default rainbow or whatever, but none of these suggestions to get them to light back up work. Beyond frustrated at this point. For the record, I've been communicating with the Gskill tech team over the entire month of March and somehow STILL ended up in this position with 2 sticks not lighting up.

Comment

• I have the same problem i have 4x8 32gb 3200mhz rgb kit after installing this crappy software. 2 modules have no light , tried everything here, still does not work for me.. looks im going to RMA this.

A bit frustrated on this

Comment

• Originally posted by Edzel14k View Post
                    I have the same problem i have 4x8 32gb 3200mhz rgb kit after installing this crappy software. 2 modules have no light , tried everything here, still does not work for me.. looks im going to RMA this.

A bit frustrated on this
                    Yea usually I'm worried about how long it will take to fix when it comes to this type of stuff but this time I'm worried about (IF) they can fix it.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 latest BIOS
                    7700k CPU
                    Last edited by HeroCrusher; 04-04-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• It might probably take months or more... software is very buggy.. now i understand why others now dont like rgb.. very dissapointed.. ;(. I will be going to RMA this and sell it..

Comment

• One thing I noticed is that most of the people having severe issues getting these to work are not giving system specs.

Please post your Motherboard and Processor as it will help G.Skill in diagnosing problems on certain platforms.
                        Intel i7 6700K
                        Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
                        32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
                        Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
                        (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• My sig specs below

Asus rampage extreme v edition 10
                          I7 6800k
                          32gb 3200mhz rgb g.skill
                          1070 strix gpu asus sli
                          Ax1200i psu

Problem 2 modules no light after installimg the new beta software.. suspecting the new beta software 1.00.16 trigger something from the physical rgb controller on the memory, it might turn it off or something not sure. But i suggest all not install this software until they fully stable it. Mine im going to rma it

Really frustrated.. my friend is a developer and said that this kind of bug is not easy it may take months or even more.. so you guys decide. If your ok waiting which kinda frustrated amd time waist.

Comment

• My machine spec
                            Rampage V Extreme X99
                            i7 5960x (@4Ghz)
                            G.skill RGB Ram 4x8gig 3000Mhz
                            1080ti GTX SLI
                            AX1200 PSU

CPU core at 1.2V
                            VCCSA at 1.05V
                            DRAM volts: 1.37V (0.02 volts higher than xmp spec)
                            Timings: 16-18-18-38
                            SPD writes enabled

issues
                            1. Cant run higher than 2800Mhz on the dimms (rock stable at this speed using manual settings)
                            2. Sometimes one dimm fails to change colours using the beta software. I can fix it by closing the beta software. Then looking for the service AsLEDService and stopping it. Then starting the service and opening the gskill software ... upon which ill get an error and the app closes. Try and open the app again (yes for the second time) which will now work and all is good again where i can control all LEDS
                            3. Related to 1 above ... cant run xmp, nor a strap of 125Mhz. Tried more VCCSA more volts to the ram to get it to 3000Mhz with no luck
                            Last edited by adamr; 04-05-2017, 08:37 AM. Reason: fix for leds disappearing

Comment

• adamr,

A couple of things. Haswell-E CPUs have lower support for memory speed compared to Broadwell-E, so it's hard to get high RAM frequency if you are clocking it to 4GHz. So our suggestion is to drop the CPU clock about 200MHz, and try the 3000MHz setting on either 100 or 125 strap, but a straight XMP should work.

Usually, the steps go like this: reset BIOS to optimal defaults, turn on XMP and make sure that the memory can work at the intended speed (3000MHz in this case), and then see how high the CPU can clock.

About the DIMMs not lighting up, we're still going through the motherboards one by one, and trying to figure out what's wrong for ones that have issues. Usually it's due to a conflicting software by another company that's interfering with the service operating in the background, so restarting the service should help in most cases. Even with the same motherboard brand, each board is designed slightly different, which needs to be looked at differently when trying to get RGB support.

There are two main types of cases for lighting not operating properly:
                              1) DIMM is randomly not controllable, like in your case. This is likely software like CPU-Z or another system spec software is running, and trying to access the memory (like SPD info), causing the Trident Z RGB software to hiccup. In this case, restarting service like the steps you describe helps.
                              2) DIMM is stuck on off. This is more likely a major software conflict, where another lighting software was trying to access the RGB on the memory at the same time as the Trident Z RGB software. Usually uninstalling the lighting control software, pressing "Default" in the Trident Z RGB software, wait a minute for the commands to go through, and then a cold boot with power disconnect would fix these type of issues. If none of these work, then we're still gathering more information to figure out what exactly went wrong that causes the sticks to get stuck.

Thanks also for the more detailed specs. It would help.

Comment

• Awww yeah. MSi Carbon X370 should arrive tomorrow. Ended up with an extra set of Trident RGB, since I grabbed the non samsung ones the first time. D'oh. After reading this thread I think I will have to settle for overclocking first, then fixing lights next.

Comment

Working...
                                X