Problems with G.skill Neo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with G.skill Neo

Hello everyone, Kinda a noob computer builder here, and super daft when it comes to figuring out issues when something arises. First, let me put my computer stats because I am sure those questions will come up.

MoBo: Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 x470
    CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
    GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080ti

I would put the storage drives on here but I don't think it's important.

I was running a 16 gig (2x8) kit of trident z RGB at ddr4-3200 while I waited for the Trident Z Neo. I had no issues running that RAM at 3200 speed. Now I have the Trident Z Neo 32gig (2x16) kit clocked at 3600 speed. My problem is, that I CANNOT run this new kit at anything other than 2133 speed. When I try and run it any higher it sends my computer into a boot loop, bad enough to where I don't even get a screen to enter bios, I have to hit the safe boot button so I can enter into bios and change the settings back.

Any help on this issue would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

I also have an issue similar to this one.

On my X570 I AORUS Pro Wifi (Mini-ITX board), with a 3700x & the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC Trident Z Neo.

No post & stuck in an endless bootloops.

Only solution was to run the RAM with the XMP Profile at a lowered clock speed (35.33 multiplier rather than 36.00).

​​​​​​G.Skill hasn't replied after I posted my specs, while Gigabyte suggested some SOC voltages which didn't work either.

Comment

Are you guys using the latest BIOS?

Sirruff Modules are in A2 B2?

Try each module individually to see what each can do on it's own, that may give us a better idea of what is going on.

Comment

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue?

I'm also running Trident Z Neo on X470 and am experiencing similar problems. Cannot cold-boot on any settings (including XMP) except the default 2133 DDR speed

Comment

Working...
        X