Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.skill 3200C14D RGB , unable to get at 3200? Voltages are set right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.skill 3200C14D RGB , unable to get at 3200? Voltages are set right.

Hello,

I have a set of 16gb of the 3200C14D RGB and I'm unable to get the speed to 3200. The voltage is set at 1.35V and also when selecting the profile in the bios it aint booting up. The other thing I did is setting up manual timings and voltages with the help of DRAM Calculator, but that is not working either. Another thing someone said to me is to try to do this in Ryzen Master instead, but there I'm unable to adjust the voltages higher than 1,325V for the memory, even when set at manual/auto in the bios.

I'm stuck and have no clue anymore what to do.

Is something wrong with the motherboard? Bios?
    Is something wrong with the memory?
    Could the CPU have a bad controller? (unlikely)

The memory only works when I select the profile and set the speed down to 3066. Everything above fails.

I wish I could swap the memory for a set of flares for example, or test the memory at another system, but I don't know anymore with my setup.

I'm looking for some steps to follow, so I can find out what the problem is. I'm not a master when it comes to memory, so I do need a bit more explanation. :-)

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS?

May need to boost SoC Voltage to see if the system can stabilize 3200. What motherboard and CPU do you have? Sounds like a first or second gen.

Comment

Working...
    X