Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR stuck at default RAM speed (2133Mhz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR stuck at default RAM speed (2133Mhz)

PC SPECS
    GPU: GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
    PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
    SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + 128 GB Kingston SSD
    HDD: Seagate 1TB

So I can not seem to run my RAM stick at it's advertised speed (3200Mhz). I opened a topic on the forums of MSI but we did not manage to find a solution> https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=324061.0. So the thing is, I have 2 RAM sticks and it turns out I can not boot the PC at all with one of the sticks ( PC goes on but no both monitors stay black, no screen given), tried it in both A2 and B2. The other memory stick works perfectly fine in A2 but won't boot in B2 alone. That single stick in A2 did manage to run at it's advertised single speed (1600Mhz). Then I tried one of the sticks alone in A1 and B1, no luck, tried the other stick in A1 and B1, no luck. Both sticks in A1 and B1 does work but it's not the recommended slots I should use and I still did not manage to run my RAM at it's advertised speed. Now I know there is never a guarantee for it to work at it's advertised speed but the RAM is compatible with my MOBO and CPU and it can only run at stock values. It doesn't go any higher than 2133Mhz. I tried both the XMP Profiles and setting the custom values myself, (16-18-18-38)>which is listed on the RAM itself. FYI, this memory kit is brand new. I am unsure wether it is my MOBO that isn't functioning properly or if it has something to do with the RAM.

I already tried this when the CMOS was cleared and BIOS settings were set to default. BIOS version is
    7B79vA7. However I did notice that my MB only detects one RAM size when I install two pieces of RAM.

A2 is the initial slot, are you saying one module did work in B2 by itself?

Make sure the slots are free and clear, modules are firmly inserted.

Comment

Working...
    X