Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32GB 3600Mhz RAM needed for Crosshair 7 Hero + 3700x

Hello all,

I'm going to build a system with Crosshair 7 Hero Wi-Fi (x470) paired with Ryzen 7 3700x. I'm looking for 32GB of 3600Mhz RAM that can run at the 3600 speed without manual overclocking on my part. 2x 16GB sticks or 4x 8GB sticks (all 4 slots filled) is fine with me. The RAM sticks don't have to be RGB. Which RAM should I purchase? Do any of the 3600 speed RAM have the Crosshair VII hero motherboard on the QVL? Anyone have a setup like I'm building? If so, can you post CPU-Z pics, the details of your build, and info. on any overclocking success.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the certified memory kits for that motherboard:

https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...del=1532079640

32GB DDR4-3600 most likely will not work without manual tweaking, if the system is capable.

Use a kit listed on the QVL for optimal performance.

Comment

Thank you very much for your response. I ended up calling your tech support number here in the US and spoke with a tech. who suggested using the configurator as you did (still getting to know the website changes). I ended up getting 32GB of DDR4 3200 RAM. Its a 4x 8GB kit (F4-3200C16Q-32GTZRX). While on the phone with the tech. he said that most likely some internal team is still working on testing various RAM kits with the combination I described. From what I've found on your website it looks like the RAM compatibility testing team has prioritized testing RAM kits with X570 boards paired with Ryzen 3000 CPUs. Just as a suggestion, and please pass along to the compatibility testing team, that they need to go back and test higher speed RAM kits with X370 and X470 boards paired with Ryzen 3000 CPUs. It is not only relevant for many Ryzen users looking for upgrades, but you have review videos, like the one from OC3D.net, where the reviewer is recommending a segment of the Ryzen users go with a Crosshair VII Hero (x470), a Ryzen 7 3700x CPU, and DDR4 3600 RAM. Here is a link to the video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45fQaCl9WlA

Unfortunately, the motherboard manufacturers (pointing a finger at Asus) are hesitant to do another round of CPU + RAM kit compatibility testing and update their QVL documents. However, thankfully, they've released BIOS/UEFI updates that allow their first and second gen. Ryzen boards to use the new Ryzen 3000 CPUs. I think its a huge disservice to their paying customers that they don't go all the way with BIOS/UEFI updates, compatibility testing, and QVL document updates. Please tell your managers and supervisors to not make the same mistake that some of the motherboard manufacturers are making. Testing and QVL documentation are critical your customers' buying decisions and the experience they have with your RAM products. I've been buying and recommending GSkill products because I've had a very pleasant experience with GSkill products and technical support.

Currently I have a Crosshair VI Hero Wi-Fi board with a Ryzen 7 1700x and 16GB of the original Flare X 3200 RAM (F4-3200C14D-16GFX). Theoretically I should be able to slot in a Ryzen 3700x and DDR4 3600 RAM on that board and with very little tweaking on my part get 3600 mhz RAM speed.

Comment

Well it looks like G.SKILLs X470 QVLs have already been updated.

In general the high end 2nd gen and 3rd gen Motherboards have an easier time with DDR4-3600 than the good old C6H. While I have seen 32GB @ DDR3-3600 on it a couple of times, it always required full manual settings. Not sure when or if the BIOS updates will improve the memory support to a point, where it can hit DDR4-3600 with 4x8GB / 2x16GB reliably via XMP.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X