Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z Neo release?

Dear Sir/Madam,

When will the new Gskill Trident Z Neo be available to buy?
    Already have my 3900x and x570 mobo. Only need the neo .

Thankyou in advance.

Kind regards,
    Nico van der Wijk

Should be near the end of this month or early next. Check the major retailer near you as they should have it first.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Should be near the end of this month or early next. Check the major retailer near you as they should have it first.
      That Neo kit looks really good with CL14 for 3600 MHz! May be I should get that instead of regular Trident Z (though I like the minimalist non LED design more). How exactly does 1.40V affect overall operation vs 1.35V? Does it heat up a lot more?

Also, are LEDs off by default? I'm running Linux, so I don't have access to these special tools that control them and I'd prefer them to be off. If it's not possible, will be there a non LED kit with such timings for Ryzen 3000 series?
      Last edited by shmerl; 07-16-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Higher DRAM Voltage can increase memory and CPU temps slightly, so same with any OC, just make sure the system always remains within operating range. This should not be much of a concern as long as you have a good cooler installed properly.

With regards to LEDs, they are ON rainbow mode by default. As far as a non-LED kit with same specs, unfortunately there are no specifics at this time.

Comment

With regards to LEDs, they are ON rainbow mode by default.
          So the only way to disable it would be to use Windows? May be you can make some bootable image that's not tied to OS, that could handle that? Otherwise it's a major limitation for Linux users.

As far as a non-LED kit with same specs, unfortunately there are no specifics at this time.
          But you don't rule it out in the future? I.e. does it make sense to wait (I'm not really in a rush), or better to get Neo? In the worst case, I can go for regular non LED Trident Z (that has CL16), but I'd rather prefer one focused on Ryzen 3000 with better timings too.
          Last edited by shmerl; 07-16-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Correct, Windows software controls the RAM so it must be active to take affect.

Sounds like it may be best for you to wait based on your response. It will be worth it since the Neo RAM will work great with the latest AMD CPUs.

Comment

Sounds like it may be best for you to wait based on your response. It will be worth it since the Neo RAM will work great with the latest AMD CPUs.
              You mean Neo-like clocked RAM, but without LEDs is worth the wait, right? Because looks like I need to get non LED kits only since I can't disable lights on LED ones.

Comment

Still waiting for the F4-3600C14D-16GTZN and F4-3600C16D-16GTZN kits in Canada. Any idea when these can be expected?
                Components
                CPU - Ryzen 1700X
                Mobo - Asus CH6
                Ram - G-Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
                Graphics - 1080Ti FE
                SSD - 960 Evo 512GB
                HDD - WD Black 6TB
                Case - Enthoo Luxe

Comment

Difficult to say at this time, it is out of stock everywhere including USA. Will post any update once available.

Comment

Working...
                  X