Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new kit of G.Skill Tridentz 4000MHz C17 2x8GB. BSOD

Hello guys!

Last week I received a brand new kit of 2x8GB Gskill Tridentz 4000MHz CL17 but after many hours I've been unable to make them work properly. XMP never worked, I could boot and get into SO using manual timings that I found on a forum, but the system is not stable at all. I'd like you to give me support and guidance to configure all the timmings.

First of all, this is my hardware:

- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
    - Bios version F9b (on one chip) and F8b (on the other chip). Only using 1 chip at the time.
    - I9 9900k (Debauer Kit. Delided chip + mount) 5.2GHz @1.35v | Uncore: 47GHz
    - VCCIO:1.25 | VCCSA:1.3 (I have also tryed 1.35 on both)
    - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M2 nmve.
    - Custom Liquid cooling loop.
    - Windows 10 (last update) fresh installed and last drivers.
    - G-Skill 4000MHZ 17-18-18-38 @ 1.42v

[memory sticks placed on channels 1B and 2B as every one (even Gygabite) sugests.]

The actual subtimmings that I have are:

CAS Latency: 17
    tRCD: 18
    tRP: 18
    tRAS: 38

tRC: 54
    tWR:24
    tCWL: 16
    tRRD_S: 6
    tRRD_L: 10
    tWTR_S: 8
    tWTR_L: 15

tCCD_S: 6
    tCCD_L: 10
    tRFC: 450
    tRTP: 15
    tFAW: 48
    Command Rate: 2

tREFI: 15600

Rest of the timings all Auto.

As I mentioned, XMP wont work no matter what I do, It just doesn't pass memory training. Whit this timings I can boot, get into Windows and install some apps, but when I try to use the web browser I have random app closings (the program just stops working) and if I try to launch a program like Adobe Protoshop or any game system crashes badly.

Perhaps the support team can give some help to cofigure the timings,? system is ver close to be stable, looks like it needs just some tiny adjustments to run fully stable.

Many thanks in advance.

RAM should be installed in slots A2 B2, second and fourth slots away from CPU

Comment

That is exactly what y meant to say

Comment

Have you tried a lower DRAM Frequency like 3866, 3600? If those have problems too, you may need to test each to see if results are consistent. These results can give us a better idea of what may be going on.

Comment

Yes, any frequency stepp between 3333MHz and 4000MHz wouldn't work... If I manually set it to, lets say: 3600, 3800 or 3866 it will boot and get into OS but the real speed never matches the one setted at BIOS, it works at a random speed each time (measured with HWinfo and Aida64)... and some times it wont even boot.

Also tried 1 memory stick at the time, and every RAM slot on Mother Borard. On of the sticks works perfect on 4th slot full XMP auto (10 loops on MemTest witn no errors at all), the other one gives a few errors on MemTest64 (just 4 or 6 errors after 5 loops) in best case scenario.

I managed to run both memory sticks at XMP (timings on Auto and Freq. Manually fixed at 4000, VCCIO/SA: Auto both (1.330v /1.360v). RAM voltage fixed manually at 1.380v) but it crashes a few seconds after starting MemTest64. Lowering VCCIO/SA to: 1.19 / 1.26 won't let it boot or even freeze while on BIOS, adding more Voltage to RAM to 1.45v makes no difference...

Also tryed all BIOS versions from F6 to latest F9.

Comment

Send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit can work better. The fact a module performs differently suggests there may be a problem with the kit.

Individual testing should be in slot 2 away from CPU.

Comment

Hi!

Yes, actually I sent both memory sticks to the european RMA center yesterday (I followed the full process).

I appreciate your time and assistance.

As soon as I find out what was the issue, i'll be posting it here in case that it can help someone else.

Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
              X