4 Dimms not working with X470 Aorus Gaming 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Dimms not working with X470 Aorus Gaming 5

Hello, Im currently using 2 dimm of Flarex F4-3200C14D-16GFX on my system and decided to upgrade to 32GB. Unfortunately the timings and speed do not set correctly, and in Windows it says only 16GB of the 32GB is useable. I've tried clearing the CMOS with no luck, nothing I've tried works. Hoping to get some help here, thanks.

Use default AUTO settings first to see if they can be recognized as 32GB. Make sure modules are firmly inserted.

If problem persists, you may need to exchange for a 32GB single kit

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Use default AUTO settings first to see if they can be recognized as 32GB. Make sure modules are firmly inserted.

If problem persists, you may need to exchange for a 32GB single kit
      I tried running at default speeds and had no luck. Unfortunately I bought my first kit of Flarex 2 dimms well over a year ago, I just got this 2nd kit today thinking running 32GB 4 dimms wouldn't be a problem.
      Last edited by kilroy2963; 06-13-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

what CPU are you using, I assume you have also updated your BIOS as well
        Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
        Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
        AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
        G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
        EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
        Asus PA238QR

Comment

Originally posted by HARDCORE GAMES™ View Post
          what CPU are you using, I assume you have also updated your BIOS as well
          The 2700X with the latest F40 bios from Gigabyte,

Comment

Turn out that the GSkill kit I received may have been defective. I decided to try running just the two new modules and got the same results, I was unable set the correct speed or timings, in Windows only half the memory was usable, multiple bad posts in a row (4-5) before being able to post and access the bios, switching to the backup bios. Nothing I did solved any of this, I put in my two original GSkill sticks after pulling the new ones and no problems. So I decided to RMA them to Newegg and get a new kit, hopefully I’ll have better success.

Comment

So turns out the initial kit I purchased was defective. I received my new kit today and no issues at all, I put in the two additional stick and it booted right up with the correct speed and timings. Unfortunately the help I got from GSkill in the forum was very little, I even emailed tech support and never received a response.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy2963 View Post
                So turns out the initial kit I purchased was defective. I received my new kit today and no issues at all, I put in the two additional stick and it booted right up with the correct speed and timings. Unfortunately the help I got from GSkill in the forum was very little, I even emailed tech support and never received a response.
                Nice to see your replacement works as expected

A forum is not the best technical support but sometimes insights can be helpful
                Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
                Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
                AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
                G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
                EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
                Asus PA238QR

Comment

Working...
                X