G.Skill 4000Mhz only runs at 2933Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill 4000Mhz only runs at 2933Mhz

just bought a new set of rams, tried to replace the old ones. My problem is the computer failed to boot, doesnt even get into the bios. When i finally access the bios, i was able to manually set it at maximum 2933 mhz, anything above that the system cant boot. Also tried xmp profile, but failed.
    My previous aerous rgb 16gb was able to run at 3200 mhz without any problem. My motherboard is able to handle 4266 Mhz. I just cant get the advertised speed 4000Mhz. I am bit nervous, i ordered from an another country, cant change or send it back, it was expensive and cant even get even the speed of the previous ram.
    I have the latest bios 2019/05/14. Even to get into the bios settings really hard, needs several tries, most of the times just doesnt do anything, i have black screen. When i get there before the motherboard switches on and off like 4 times, then shows me that there is a problem with the ram, push F1 and set the ram. The previous ram working good, i dont know what to do. The G.Skill ram modules was produced 2019 may. On the motherboard there is a MEM OK switch, its also showing that there is a problem with the ram.

G.Skill RGB F4-4000C19D-32GTZR 2x16GB
    Asus rog strix z390-e gaming
    I9 9900k
    Asus rog strix rtx 2080 ti o11g
    Cooler Master v1000 1000w gold
    Samsung 970 pro 512gb m.2

Thank You, Molnar Botond

That board might support DDR4-4266, but only with some very specific 4x8GB kits.

The 2x16GB models of that high frequency need a very good motherboard that can actually handle DDR4-4000 with them. Sadly in contrast to the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Apex/Gene from the kits QVL, the ASUS Strix Z390-E Gaming is not among those. So instead you would need to manually configure the memory settings to whatever the maximum supported frequency of your motherboard is. For that make sure the modules are in slot A2 and B2, then activate the XMP and reduce the memory frequency step by step until the system does reliably start and is stable.

Most Z390 motherboards should be able to reach DDR4-3600/3733/3866 with them, however DDR4-3866 might need some additional manual adjustments in some cases.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank You for the detailed answer, it helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X