Black screen after install. Lenovo Lap Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen after install. Lenovo Lap Top

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 110 15isk LapTop. I installed A DDR4 PC-A-1700 2133MHZ (Amazon Part # F4-2133C155-8GRS) into the open RAM slot. No issues while installing the 8G RAM.

When I attempted to power up the computer, the screen stays black. The computer powers up as is indicated by the lights, but nothing shows on the screen.

I researched before purchasing this Ram upgrade, and it seems others have had success with no issues. I curious as to why I am getting the black screen?

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you test the new RAM alone or with an existing module? It can be a bad stick or compatibility issue with the original memory.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you test the new RAM alone or with an existing module? It can be a bad stick or compatibility issue with the original memory.
        The lap top runs Windows 10, which recently updated. So I assume the BIOS is up to date. I did not, nor do I have a way to test the RAM independently.

I chose this exact product because I found a few Lenovo 110 15isk lap top users with this exact part number running successfully. I originally wanted to add a 12G RAM, but others were using this 8G, so I thought I would play it safe.

Is it common for a RAM to be bad from the factory? Possible static charge to short the board?

Comment

All modules are tested from factory, so we surely do not expect it if direct from factory. However, through exchanged hands it can be possible, so we welcome exchanging to see if a replacement can work better.

Comment

How can I be sure to order the carrect RAM upgrade for my lap top if I purchase again? In my research, this one was supposed to be a plug and play add on with no issues. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Comment

Difficult to say since you only have one module and it does not work. May need to borrow other RAM to confirm it is not a problem with RAM.

Comment

Working...
              X