ASUS X99-A and G.Skill Memory compatibility issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS X99-A and G.Skill Memory compatibility issues

I've got an ASUS X99-A motherboard with an I7-5960X CPU and wanted to upgrade the RAM in my system. So, needing maximum stability rather than performance, I did my due diligence by using the memory as detailed in the QVL that is in the manual for my motherboard.

I settled on the Ripjaws 4 (F4-2666C15Q-32GRR) as detailed in the QVL.

But alas, despite it being on the QVL for the motherboard and also listed here on the G.Skill QVL for this motherboard, this memory doesn't seem to work. I simply get a LED error 53 which is the error code for incompatible memory speed or module. I thought, maybe it's a bad module/bad slot or something, so I tried each of the 4 stick in various slots and arrangements to see if I could get it to POST into the BIOS, but nothing worked.

The only difference that I could find that could explain these problems are that the memory listed in my motherboard's QVL is F4-2666C15Q-32GRR CL15-17-17-36 and the memory I have is F4-2666C15Q-GRR CL15-15-15-35. Could this be my problem???

Could the BIOS be an issue with the motherboard not detecting this RAM? I'm currently using BIOS version 1702 (2015/04/15) which is quite far from being the latest 3902 (2018/04/26), but the problem with this is that the latest BIOS doesn't seem to allow me to boot from my PCIE OCZ RevoDrive X2. So upgrading the BIOS means that I'd have to swap out my boot drive for something else.

Anybody got any idea how I can make progress on this matter or make this RAM work in my computer?

If the motherboard is proven to work, then you will need to upgrade BIOS to see if that can allow the newer RAM to boot up.

Comment

Working...
    X