Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16Q-32GTZKK - WinRar errors

Hi,

I've bought new G.Skill Trident Z, DDR4, 32 GB,3600MHz, CL16 (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZKK) and I try to run it with i9-9900K on Asus Maximus XI Hero.
    I've ran short (15min) stability tests in few configurations (see below) using Prime95, Cinebench R15 and ROG RealBech - passed.

But I have a problem with real live scenario - when decompresing 12GB RAR file (Winrar 64bit, 7z, etc.) I got errors stating archive is corrupted (archive consistency confirmed on other computer). I've tried such configurations:
    1. i9-9900K @5GHz (OC) and RAM XMP II profile active - stability tests passed, WinRAR - failed
    2. i9-9900K @5GHz (OC) and RAM @2133 - stability tests passed, WinRAR - passed
    3. i9-9900K @stock (standard Turbo mode active) and RAM XMBII profile active - stability tests passed, WinRAR - failed (frankly speaking yesterday's evening WinRAR tests passed, but today morning, just after computer first run - failed)

Any advise whats wrong?

PS. I ran MemTest86 tests @XMPII and I've got Hummer Test error.

Hi. Any advise how to run this RAM to be stable?

Comment

Have a look at my topic LAST POST I DID its just under your topic ...not the same MB or ram I am 4266 and on a ROG Maximus XI Extreme but it may help you I had to ditch bios 805 so unstable for me and went to a old bios 602 happy PC now lol..just to get to the point so we started to have some success with my ram and yesterday we got it. I do know memtest 86 is not good for this new gen of gear lol who knew I did not I did copy and past in my topic what I was told about it lol. On a side note I would run windows scans to be 100% sure windows is not playing a role in all this. I run windows scan once a week and after any format once all drivers are installed and all windows updates are done :] and 95% of the time the scan will fix some windows issue after a format so don't get freaked out lol.

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN for all command lines reboot PC after each line is run.
      No open web pages or programs like steam or Origin or web pages and always reboot after its done.
      If you get a error first run then reboot PC ans run it again this tool in windows has saved me from many a format.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

sfc /scannow safe for all windows

Only for windows 8 & windows 8.1 and win 10 below.
      Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

This command line will scan the health of your PC.
      dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

This command line will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything .
      dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      OR
      If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line.
      dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

If you ever get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line.
      Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore
      Last edited by Mojo; 03-22-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

If you cant find my topic this is the link see my last post as stated it may or may not help you it was only the fix for my PC parts. If my post is no help for you and it may not be then I would head over to the ROG area
        Need XMP2 help with Maximus XI Extreme & G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266Mhz 32GB settings

Comment

The ROG forums link if you need it
          Maximus X/XI & Strix Motherboards (Z370/Z390), Republic of Gamers, ROG, PC Gaming, ASUS, Rampage, Maximus, Crosshair, Phoebus, Motherboard, Soundcard, PC, Gaming, Graphics, Watercooling

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
            The ROG forums link if you need it
            Thx Mojo I will try...
            Did you receive help @ROG forum?

Comment

YES If not for the rog forums I would not have my ram set up correct. EDIT... It is mega work to get the ram set up correct don't expect it to be fast. Ram tests are run as long as they go my last one tested 8 hrs before I stopped it . See my topic for ram tests you can use on new gen ram.
              Last edited by Mojo; 03-26-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

YES If not for the rog forums I would not have my ram set up correct. EDIT... It is mega work to get the ram set up correct don't expect it to be fast. Ram tests are run as long as they go my last one tested 8 hrs before I stopped it . See my topic for ram tests you can use on new gen ram.
                Could you send me a link to your RAM tunning topic in ROG forum pls?

Comment

Sadly not much point as your ram and MB are not the same as mine and you would only be reading 14 pages of different settings we tried. What worked for my rig was a manual oc on the ram and going to a old bios. You can see it on my topic on gskill as I did post what worked for me but your ram is 3600 mine is 4266. Your mb is a hero and mine is Maximus XI Extreme
                  Need XMP2 help with Maximus XI Extreme & G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266Mhz 32GB settings

Comment

Strange, but I probably found the source of my issue... HDD?
                    When I copy RAR file (13GB) to both of my SSDs, WinRAR extraction passes without any error, the problem is only when I try to extract this file from & to my HDD... I've checked HDD with HD Tune Pro and found no errors... strange. Today I will buy new HDD and will see.
                    Last edited by cniedzi; 03-28-2019, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Hard drives do go bad :/ I hope a new HD will fix it for you.
                      BTW a 15 min stability test for ram in not a good test at all you need to run tests on ram for way longer then this to be sure its stable, When I was setting up my ram I tested 6-13hrs, most times 8hrs is good to be sure my ram is stable. Use Karhu RamTest or HCI Memtest . DO NOT USE Memtest86, as it's incapable of finding most instabilities on current platforms. If your testing a OC on CPU it should be tested the very least 1 hr no less.

For testing my ram I used Karhu RamTest love this program best 15 dollars I ever spent , Once it passed 10000% I know my ram OC was good to go about 6 hrs. I ran most tests with it for 8hrs. If its a bad OC it finds issues fast either first few min or within 2.5Hrs
                      Last edited by Mojo; 03-28-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Hard drives do go bad :/ I hope a new HD will fix it for you.
                        BTW a 15 min stability test for ram in not a good test at all you need to run tests on ram for way longer then this to be sure its stable, When I was setting up my ram I tested 6-13hrs, most times 8hrs is good to be sure my ram is stable. Use Karhu RamTest or HCI Memtest . DO NOT USE Memtest86, as it's incapable of finding most instabilities on current platforms. If your testing a OC on CPU it should be tested the very least 1 hr no less.

For testing my ram I used Karhu RamTest love this program best 15 dollars I ever spent , Once it passed 10000% I know my ram OC was good to go about 6 hrs. I ran most tests with it for 8hrs. If its a bad OC it finds issues fast either first few min or within 2.5Hrs
                        Hi,

I've tested system stability for ca. 10 hrs by means of ROG Real Benchmark - PASSED.
                        I've tested RAM stability using Karhu RamTest for ca. 3000% - PASSED and by HCI Memtest for ca. 1300% - PASSED.

I hope new HD will cure my headache
                        Last edited by cniedzi; 03-28-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

New HDD doesn't help - there isn' HDD issue...

I've done some additional tests:
                          - only 2 sticks in A2 and B2 slots (16GB @XMP I) - WinRAR passed
                          - only another 2 sticks in A1 and B1 slots (16GB @XMP I) - WinRAR passed
                          - 4 sticks (32GB but @3200 MHz) - WinRAR passed.
                          - 4 sicks >3200 MHz - WinRAR failed.

I've tried to raise DRAM voltage to 1.4V, but WinRAR failed on HDD. So I'm switching to ROG forum.

Comment

Have you got WinRAR installed on your C drive ? If not try that.

Comment

Have you got WinRAR installed on your C drive ? If not try that.
                              yes. but there isn't WinRar obly problem - the same with 7z, windowz zip, etc.

I tried BIOS 0602 and short tests don't show any WinRAR errors...

Comment

Working...
                              X