Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combing two different RAM kits (kit of 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combing two different RAM kits (kit of 2)

Hello there, I'm just looking for some info over this one. Since I can't find a kit of 4 for some G. Skill models like F4-3200C16D-16GTRS, would it be okay if I bought 2 different kits of the same ram? I mean same specs but different part numbers obviously. I'm aware that there is a risk by mixing different ram kits even if they are of the exact same specs. Would there be any risk of incompatibility or shall I go for it anyway?

My specs:

ASUS Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO
    INTEL I7-8700K

Anyone?

Comment

There is no guarantee the two separate kits can run together at DDR4-3200, but it does not hurt to try if 32GB Trident Z RGB Royal is what you want at this time..

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        There is no guarantee the two separate kits can run together at DDR4-3200, but it does not hurt to try if 32GB Trident Z RGB Royal is what you want at this time..
        Thanks for the reply! And in case it doesn’t work? What shall I do then? I was also looking at some GTZ models as well but I can’t find availability at 4x8GB either so the chances are the same as on Royal’s about stability and functionality?

Comment

Depends on the results, sometimes they can work, sometimes they need to run at a slower frequency, other times they do not work at all, but I suppose if they do no work at all it would be best to return them for a single 32GB kit, 16GB x 2 can work too. Chances are the same, we just don't know unless they were tested.

Comment

Depends on the results, sometimes they can work, sometimes they need to run at a slower frequency, other times they do not work at all, but I suppose if they do no work at all it would be best to return them for a single 32GB kit, 16GB x 2 can work too. Chances are the same, we just don't know unless they were tested.
            Shall I return them to the place of purchase or start a RMA through G.Skill? If I were to mix 2 Kits of F4-3200C14D-16GTZ would there be a higher chance of them working properly as theoretically they are both kits Samsung B-Die ICs?

Comment

Depends what you would like to achieve with the return. For example, refund is only available through place of purchase.

Theoretically chances are better with the same type of chips, but still no guarantee they can run well together especially at a higher spec such as DDR4-3200 C14.

Comment

Depends what you would like to achieve with the return. For example, refund is only available through place of purchase.

Theoretically chances are better with the same type of chips, but still no guarantee they can run well together especially at a higher spec such as DDR4-3200 C14.
                Well in case they don’t work I would be interested only in “exchanging” the 2 different kits of 3200C14 TridentZ for one 8x4GB 3200C14 which theoretically, should work fine as it would be on the same kit of 4? Would that be possible? As I said earlier I’m running a 8700K on Maximus X Hero

Comment

Contact the G.Skill RMA dept. directly to se how they can assist you with this case:

rma@gskillusa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X