Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram issues f4-4133c19d-16gtzr

Dear all

i recently purchased a kit of F4-4133C19D-16GTZR.
    My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and CPU i9900K.
    Unfortunately cant play on XMP.
    Bios have been updated to the last firmware and even if i tried to manual add timings and Volt (1.35 or 1.4) i had no success.
    The specific ram isnt in the QVL List of Gigabyte but there is one with worst timings so
    I tried those timings 19 21 21 39 with 1.4v... no success.

Nothing worked except...
    i lower frequency to 3866 and timings to 18-19-19-39.
    XMP worked and was able to log into windows. Not sure though about stability even though i had some random crashes of me game ... Battlefield
    I then run memtest and until 3rd pass run had 9 errors.... not sure though if the ram is being tested on its native frequency 4133 or in the one that i have manually added on the BIOS 3866...

Do i have a faulty RAM?

I tried to replace them (with the store i purchase them) but they telling me that i need to DOA or RMA them ....and wait 1-2-3 weeks (?).... so long time without pc... and i just build it...

Do you have anything to suggest

I hope you will be able to give me a solution since i really paid a high amount of € for those RAM and currently cant enjoy my rig...

Thank you in advance

Regards

The problem is the Gigabyte board/BIOS not the memory. Their Z390 memory support is terrible right now. I'm hoping a BIOS update fixes this. Their new F7 BIOS has not fixed it.

I suggest you either return the board or keep the memory and try to get it stable at 3866. Set VCCIO to 1.2v and VCCSA to 1.3v. Try manual timings of 18-19-19-39 2T at 3866. Set tRC to 58 as well. I don't believe anyone has had much luck running memory at 4000+ speeds on the new Gigabyte boards.

Comment

Tha ks for the reply.
      The bad is that i am using custom water cooling so replacing motherboard isnt an easy job and cant send back the m/b since they wont accept. You see ram isnt on qvl list.
      What i tried is ... bought another set of same ram and even running 4 dimms wasnt able to run on high frequense.
      The more stable setting for this ram was 3200 14 14 14 36.
      Gigabyte send me another bios 8b but even that one couldnt handle 4000+ frequency....
      I will try your settings and see if i can at least run at 3866 with no issues.

Comment

Test one module at a time to see if results are the same. This can give you an idea of what the system is capable of, and whether there may be an issue with one of the modules.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and Happy New Year
          From what i see RAM is function as it should.
          I have lost days of testing and i think the best i was able to get was 3866 with 17 18 18 38 at 1.37v which i am not sure if its safe.
          I have tested with memtest and 3-4h aida with no issues.
          While playing i have also no issues... i believe that if something was wrong with it, then i would had blue wcreen or shutdowns etc... correct?
          I havent tried higher voltage though since i am not familiar with such things..... i am currently learning and the reason that i am testing and messing around with the timmings is i want to make it run at its factory speed... or at least anywhere near that.
          Otherwise i wouldnt bother.
          Last edited by Leoniums; 01-08-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337 View Post
            The problem is the Gigabyte board/BIOS not the memory. Their Z390 memory support is terrible right now. I'm hoping a BIOS update fixes this. Their new F7 BIOS has not fixed it.

I suggest you either return the board or keep the memory and try to get it stable at 3866. Set VCCIO to 1.2v and VCCSA to 1.3v. Try manual timings of 18-19-19-39 2T at 3866. Set tRC to 58 as well. I don't believe anyone has had much luck running memory at 4000+ speeds on the new Gigabyte boards.
            health status is saying vccsa 1.296 up to 1.308 and vccio 1.342....... and i havent change anything on those settings... not even sure how to change them

Comment

Originally posted by 1337 View Post

Hi again
              i was able to get 4000 18 18 18 38 @1.4v with tcwl 19 (that made the trick i think).
              I have run memtest Pro and Memtest86 for hours with no single error.
              I do get BFV crashes though but not sure if its my riser cable (waiting for a premium one) or is just the memory...
              vccio and vccsa though are as i mention before... and their settings are in auto.
              Any help will be much much appreciated.

Comment

Run a stress test to see if it can be stable.

Comment

Working...
                X