Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-2933C14-16GFX 8 ram kit not working @ 2933mhz

Hello,

When running the profiles on my MSI MEG x399 creation with a 2290wx and FlareX F4-2933C14-16GFX memory I cannot get the 2933 mhz profile to work. I can boot into windows with it but there is significant instability. My bios is the newest offered by MSI on their site. Right now the fastest I can run while maintaining stability appears to be 2800 mhz. Is there something I may be missing when I use the 2933mhz profile?

Have you tried manual settings?

Which slots do you have the modules installed in?

Test each module to see if they can reach 2933. Both should have the same results.

What model is the RAM?

Comment

Sorry for my late response, I'm having a busy week already.

Unfortunately, I cannot test them individually until some processes I'm running are done. This will take approximately 21 more hours but may be longer depending on a variety of factors, but I doubt it would be longer than 24 hours.

I also think I copied the wrong part number since I grabbed it directly from AIDA64. Each individual stick comes up as 'DIMMX: G Skill FlareX F4-2933C14-16GFX' where X is the DIMM slot. My actual kit is the F4-2933C14Q2-128GFX according to the box. I hope that corrects some confusion. Since I have 8 sticks, all of the slots are occupied.

I also have not tried manual settings. I don't know what I should set them to manually outside of the basic 14-14-14-34 timings. Would it be possible for me to find the manual settings to use somewhere? I would like to attempt manual settings before I start removing components for individual testing.

Either way, as I mentioned above, I'm going to have to wait about 24 hours before I can reboot my machine, so you can take your time responding.

Thank you for your time,
      Nick

Comment

Manual setting requires inputting DRAM Frequency, Timings and Voltage. You can try XMP or this method to see what can work. Each stick should have no problem reaching the rated specifications, so you may want to test that to confirm the RAM is good. If all modules appear fine, then you can try them together at a lower frequency like 2800 or 2666 to see if they can work better.

Comment

Okay with the holiday season and working for the break I wasn't able to test anything until recently. I ran tests on the sticks 4 at a time for about 3-5 hours each and they worked at the specified timings. I ran into errors within 1.5 hours with 8 sticks. I'm trying 2933 mhz at some manual settings (e.g. it seems like it didn't set the SoC voltage correctly, at 2800 mhz it sets it to 1.1v, I'm trying 1.1v at 2933). I'm trying that out to see if it corrects any problems.

Comment

Okay it looks like it's still not stable at the 2933 profile even when I set voltage manually. Quick question though, for 8 modules should this ram be running 1T or 2T for command per clock?

It has been running 2800 (which is profile 1 on the x399 creation) just fine.

Comment

Okay so nice of you to not answer my question about 1T or 2T for command per clock. How about some actual help. I have tried numerous voltages and settings for SoC to get these to work, various timings, etc. They do not run at 2933 mhz in the 8 ram configuration stable for even 24 hours. Saying "well do 2800 and maybe they'll work better" is not an answer. These were marketed at 2933 mhz 14-14-14-34 timings. These do not function at that speed. The MEG X399 creation, which I have, with the 2990wx, which I also have, is on your QVL. If the additional notes about "Rated XMP frequency & stability depends on MB & CPU capability" is an out, that is very disingenuous. If I pay $2000 for something I expect it to work as advertised unless it's a car or a yacht. If these do not work at 2933 in an 8 ram configuration for some systems, why were they marketed as such? If they are supposed to run in an 8 ram configuration in all systems, please tell me what settings I need to use in order for these to work properly. If I basically got scammed for $2000, my trust in G. Skill will basically be nil from now on. I have gotten, so far, basically the memory equivalent of "did you turn it off and on again?" Yes, I have turned it on and off again. The sticks work one at a time, 4 at a time, etc. 8 at a time they do not. They were marketed in a pack of 8. I am very frustrated by this process thus far. They work at 2800 mhz but not 2933 mhz.

Please give me, for 2933 mhz, -
              Memory voltages to set
              SoC Voltage range
              what *ALL* adjustable timings should be on the MEG X399 creation with a 2990wx. This includes secondary and tertiary timings.

Comment

Working...
              X