• F4-3000C15D-32GVR XMP2.0 Profile Disappeared suddenly

Hi,
    My System Spec is;
    MB - Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming-7
    CPU - 6700K @stock 4200Mhz
    Mem - 2x16GB 3000MHZ
    GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    PS - Seasonic 750W Platinum

The system worked without any issue 2.5 years with XMP 2.0 enabled on Bios until recently i had a freeze on BF5 during gameplay and after restart memory speed dropped to 2133 Mhz.
    First thing i rebooted into BIOS and noticed that there is no XMP option anymore
    After tinkering more i found that only 1 module can be recognized as XMP eligible on BIOS and on CPU-Z or AIDA64 and sometimes the module without XMP appears without proper G.Skill model and just as DDR4 2133 SDRAM.
    The good news is that i can easily overclock to 3000 Mhz 1.2V manually on BIOS and run stable even with CPU @4.5Mhz.

My local reseller told me that they don't have exactly this kit anymore and they can replace it with lower speed memory kit 2400/2666 etc....

What should i do? Ask my old kit back and overclock it manually to 3000Mhz without XPM? Or better agree for lower speed replacement?

Thanks

Manual settings or XMP, as long as the system is stable it will be fine.

What country are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Manual settings or XMP, as long as the system is stable it will be fine.

What country are you in?
      I am from Israel.

Update: The Kit sent for RMA to GSKILL today already so i cannot get it back (at least this is the answer i got from seller). I cannot wait for it ~ 1 month

So they probably will give me other brand or i need to wait too long.

Comment

Working...
      X