F4-3400C16D-16GSXW underperforming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3400C16D-16GSXW underperforming

So I bought a kit of SniperX 3400 and it's just kinda slow. It runs at 3400 but when I test it with Passmark, it always says it's at 70-72nd percentile. Is this right? I know 3400 isn't the fastest, but is it 70th percentile slow? I ran windows memory diagnostic and there were no problems.

Specs:

R7 2700 @4ghz
    Asus ROG hero 7
    SniperX 3400
    MSI 1080 Duke
    970 evo

Everything is up to date. I've tried reseating the sticks, resetting my pc, reinstalling all the drivers etc.

Nothing makes it score any better than 70th percentile. Here's the breakdown of the score.

Memory Mark: 2154 (68th percentile)
    Database Ops: 86
    Read Uncached: 18547
    Mem Threaded: 38999
    Read Cached: 28617
    Mem Write: 8282
    Latency 59

Anyone have any idea? Is this ram really just 70th percentile crap? Every other component is 97th-99th percentile. I just don't get it. Maybe my expectations for a $270 kit were too high?

Anyone have any suggestions as to other benchmarks I should use?

Got my wife some 3200 MHZ trident z... 58th percentile. Guess its not just my kit. Is all GSkill garbage? These are the first kits I've bought from this company, and I'm starting to think it's like ADATA. Garbage brand with pretty lights and a pricetag that makes you think "Hmm... maybe it's good?"

Comment

Did you enable XMP Profile in BIOS? Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

If you have CPUz, post a screen shot of the Memory tab.

Comment

Yes, XMP is enabled when I run the cpu at stock, but at 4ghz it won't boot with the ram set to 3400 at stock voltage. Which is fine I guess. With xmp enabled, they'll run at 3400 np. I'll post a couple cpuz screenshots in a sec.

Comment

This is with xmp enabled at 3400mhz
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X