Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR4 3200 RAM for Ryzen system...

Hello there,

I've been using G.SKILL memory exclusively for the past 9 years for all systems I've built, but now I'm going into unfamiliar territory with my first Ryzen build. I have a MSI B350 Tomohawk paired with a Ryzen 1600x; I'd like to purchase 16gb of G.SKILL memory, and my target speed is 3200mhz. I've been reading that Samsung B-DIE would increase the likelihood of me reaching my target speeds. Are there any G.SKILL kits you recommend for my motherboard that would allow me to achieve my goals? I've traditionally purchased RIPJAWS or SNIPER series, ARES as well ... I don't need anything premium top-of-the-line... I just need something that's the middle of the pack.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

*bump*

Anybody? Admin? (any suggestions?) Some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Comment

I'm using 2x8 GB G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX. It works pretty well with Ryzen 7 2700X at 3200 MHz. But 1600 is the first generation Ryzen, they tend to be more flaky with RAM overclocking than Ryzen+.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        I'm using 2x8 GB G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX. It works pretty well with Ryzen 7 2700X at 3200 MHz. But 1600 is the first generation Ryzen, they tend to be more flaky with RAM overclocking than Ryzen+.
        Yes, I've heard the Flare X series is very good RAM. It's very expensive in Canada though. I was hoping to achieve 3200mhz with RipJaws. I'm hoping now that the 1st gen Ryzens have matured with mobo bios updates and such, I can potentially reach 3200mhz with RipJaws?

Comment

Working...
        X