Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flare X 3200mhz cl14 unstable with ryzen 2600 and asus x370 pro? really need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare X 3200mhz cl14 unstable with ryzen 2600 and asus x370 pro? really need help

Hi guys,

so im an usual overclocker, just get ryzen 2600 and x370 pro, since i get my new ram (trident z 3200 cl 14 F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) i got random bsod, even while set timings, still bsod.

SO, i refund it, and buy flareX 3200 CL14 OPTIMIZED FOR RYZEN, i just put it, load the xmp profile for 3200 CL14 and i still have error, in linpack or Hci memtest, the ram should work fine only while loading XMP profile, im really confused and i dont know what to do more, all thread talking about Flare X on ryzen says by just loading XMP all was going fine ... not for me.

So i set the ram in jedec profile in bios 2400 mhz CL16 and it seems have no more error, so this is really weird and i cant find any sense to this, just know the 235 euros just dont work with XMp profile optimized for ryzen with my ryzen...

i can tell you too, the trident z was getting 2x4 pass of memtest86, like 2x 3 hour without any error, while windows 10 get bsod and stress test report error always at the same time

The flare X is new from 2 days, and i had still error with the tridentz so i dotn think the problem is the ram.

I gonna try clear CMOS, but im scare it can be a motherboard issue or what, all i know is JEDEC profile seems stable, but not XMP....

Bios is up to date, i can reinstall my os but i think if it was os issue, i should have error even in JEDEC profile...

or i can RMA my motherboard, but really what a *** is happenig, you buy 235euros RAM optimized for ryzen and it dont work ....

if someone can help me please, i really dont know what to do more...

EDIT: jjust cleared CMOS, CPU at stock, Ram in XMP 3200 CL14 still have error, sayin "a value was copy and another was read" data error sayin HCI memtest,

and all time i get BSOD, bluescreenviewer report the file NTOSKRNL.SYS as faulty...

thanks.
    Last edited by bapt33; 08-31-2018, 08:22 AM.

CPU may not be capable of 3200. With XMP enabled, lower DRAM Frequency to 2933 or 3066 to see if it is more stable.

If yes, you can attempt 3200 by increasing SoC Voltage to see if it can better support a higher frequency.

Also, which slots do you have the RAM installed in? They should be in 2 and 4 away from the CPU

Comment

im right in a2 b2 slot, as asus recommended, soc voltage was on auto at 1,1v, which is already pretty high for 3200 cl 14, and all thread i have see get no problem to run 3200mhz cl 14 on zen + i can try increase soc voltage again, but its full stable in memtest86 so thats weird...

Comment

so i do a memtest all night like 8 hour and 0 error in 2933mhz so i hope your right and im gonna raise the soc voltage
        ​​​
        edit: still not stable at 3200mhz for 1,150 soc and 1,350 dram, gonna push soc at 1,175v but cant go over 1,2 so i think its my last try

FINNALY, get 3200mhz stable in hcimemtest, for 9 hour, with 1,175v soc, seems pretty high but stable
        ​​​​​

Last edited by bapt33; 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

SO after a 9 hour test wih no error, i get error very fast this morning .... gonna try raise dram voltage now ...

Comment

Working...
          X