Need help choosing ram for 2950X Zenith Extreme Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing ram for 2950X Zenith Extreme Build

Hi, I have a Asus Zenith Extreme Motherboard and currently 1950X Threadripper CPU. I have had a lot of problems finding ram that works for this build. And when I upgrade to 2950X I will get a new set of 128gb memory.
    I have been considering F4-2933C14Q2-128GTZRX, but I read somewhere that this kit isn't being produced anymore. Is this right? If available, will this kit work flawlessly on this motherboard with 2933Mhz and the advertised latency? Because the memory compatibility doc from Asus for the motherboard doesn't list them. Or is there another kit that is more recommended? I want the fastest ram I can get that runs reliable with 128gb of ram - what should I get?

any help appreciated!

I have an AMD 2950x TR2 and MSI X399 Creation and am in the same boat. Want the fastest c14 memory I can get that's compatible with my setup. Ya there g.Skill?

Comment

I'll ad my name to this question. I'm only in the planning stages but I'd like to buy the AMD 2950x and the MSI X399 Creation. I'd further like 64Gb of DDR4 3200 GTZRX. I don't see where I can use this RAM kit with any X399 mobo. Is the 2950x really that limited when it comes to memory?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      -Charlie

Edit: Can Someone tell me what I'd end up with if I stacked two kits of F4-3200C14Q-32GTZRX

Is this really the best way to get where I want to be?
      Last edited by Charlie_Mac; 10-16-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X