Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Flare X 3200 16gb Broken?

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I had to reinstall windows 10 64-bit because of technical issues I had with it. While I was setting up the bios I noticed something very strange. There was only showing 8 gb of the 16 gb showing up. However in board explorer it shows that both ram sticks are recognized. When I tried to put the ram on his advertised speed, my pc just keeps turning on and off without even showing the boot menu before returning to the old setting. Even the most little increase makes the pc to not start up.

After that I began looking if all the 16 gigs of ram are recognized in cpu-z and windows itself. They both showed that there's 16 gigbs of ram installed, but windows said that 8 gigs are reserved for hardware. Meaning that only 8 gb is available for use. Then I tried booting from one memory stick. My pc booted into the bios and showed that 8 gigs of ram are installed and windows shows that all 8 gigs where usable and none was reserved for hardware. I even tried running at it advertised speed and in different memory slots. It worked perfectly. However when I tried the other memory stick my pc just kept running without giving any screen. It didn't turn itself off, but didn't continue to post or boot either. I tried different slots but none of them worked. Placing the other memory stick with it and it can boot, but only on the normal speeds.

I've already tried reïnstalling windows and all the drivers, updated my bios and swapped my ram around in different slots.

Does this mean one of the memory sticks is gone or is there something else I can try.

Thanks in advance,

HOI_HOi
Working...
X