Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad write speeds G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad write speeds G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4400

I have an ASUS Maximus X Apex with 8G x 2 4400 DDR4 ram modules.

The memory timings are set up according to XMP settings. I am however running the ram at 4300, since 4400 is not stable.
    Ram voltages is set to 1.5V

When running passmark software Performance test 9.0 I am getting good reads but very bad write score:
    Read Uncashed 20648 99% percentile
    Write 3670 23% percentile.

How do I correct this?

I haven't used PET in a long time, but if a specific bandwidth gets very low scores in most cases it comes down to failed memory traning by the motherboard during POST.

I did just post a quick DIY solution to it in another thread you might want to check out:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/gen...895#post159895

Stability issues can also originate from badly trained sub-timings or some control voltages like VCCSA and VCCIO being off target (too high/too low). From a certain point onwards many motherboards tend to actually raise them too much, so it can help testing how much of an increase is actually needed and lower them to that, which in turn also helps CPU temperatures a bit.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I sorted out the problem. t_wrwr_sg now set to 6 (was 63) and t_wrwr_dg set to 5 (was 63) . Thanks for the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks a lot better now!

It is a bit strange that your board failed to properly train those two timings that badly, since the Apexes are usually pretty solid in that regard.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X