Flare X XMP profile and general settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare X XMP profile and general settings

Hello everyone, I recently put together a AMD 2700X rig using Flare X memory. Im using a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 motherboard. My first question is that the XMP profile did not work, I had to set the main timings manually, is this normal? Also is there a section of this forum where I can find timing for my particular board and chip set beyond the main timings?

If your board is on the G.SKILL QVL for the kit, just enabling the XMP should work. However since AMD platforms don't actually have native support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles = X.M.P. and the AMD based motherboards use their own manufacturer specific workarounds instead, the outcome is sometimes not as reliable as with boards for Intel platforms. There is also a chance that the board itself, its memory training or the CPUs integrated memroy controller might be a bit week and therefore needed some adjustments. The memory training usually gets better over time with additional BIOS updates, so waiting for another update or two might already do the trick.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      If your board is on the G.SKILL QVL for the kit, just enabling the XMP should work. However since AMD platforms don't actually have native support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles = X.M.P. and the AMD based motherboards use their own manufacturer specific workarounds instead, the outcome is sometimes not as reliable as with boards for Intel platforms. There is also a chance that the board itself, its memory training or the CPUs integrated memroy controller might be a bit week and therefore needed some adjustments. The memory training usually gets better over time with additional BIOS updates, so waiting for another update or two might already do the trick.
      Yeah i noticed
      First i bought Trident Z 3200, but coudn't get it work higher then 2133
      Now i have traded it in for the Flare X (cas14) modules, and i can't get it higher/stable then 2400

Running an Ryzen 2700X with a Asus Prime X470-pro (both Asus and G.skill qualify the memory as QVL )
      Gues i'll camp the asus prime x470-pro page for bios updates :P
      Last edited by Frits007; 05-09-2018, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Please make sure that the memoy is installed in the right memory slots, that sounds like you might use the wrong ones. Otherwise test the modules individually for function at XMP settings and maybe raise Vdimm a little bit over spec to see, if that help stabilize DDR4-3200.

I have built several systems with that combo and had not issues with F4-3200C14D-16GFX on the Prime X470-Pro.

Comment

Please make sure that the memoy is installed in the right memory slots, that sounds like you might use the wrong ones. Otherwise test the modules individually for function at XMP settings and maybe raise Vdimm a little bit over spec to see, if that help stabilize DDR4-3200.

I have built several systems with that combo and had not issues with F4-3200C14D-16GFX on the Prime X470-Pro.
          Thanks for the assistance, coudn't believe this was the solution xD
          installed the ram in A2 en B2, and tighty up the cabeling, and it instantly took the DOCP settings for 3200

Runs very stable\normal !
          Weird, never have experienced this particulate use of ram slots before.....

Last edited by Frits007; 05-10-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frits007 View Post
            Weird, never have experienced this particulate use of ram slots before...
            It is a common thing nowadays, for both AMD and Intel platforms.

Comment

I have the main timings set to 14-14-14-34-48 and all the rest set to auto. So far this has run very well with no problems at all.

Comment

Working...
              X