Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Computer, New Memory, different DIMMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer, New Memory, different DIMMS?

I purchased a new PC from a very reputable company (I have even bought systems from them before. I paid extra to upgrade my memory to G.SKILL 2400MHz memory. It was an 80$ upgrade but I have used G.SKILL before and have been very happy with them.

With my "custom" PC I purchased a Ryzen 1800x processor and an MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard. MSI Command center shows that I have 2 different memory modules and I am concerned it might be affecting my performance.

DIMM A2 shows: F4-2400C15-8GVR memory running at DDR4-2133
    DIMM B2 shows F4-2400C17-8GDBVR memory running at 1200MHz

I reached out to the vendor and was surprised to hear that they were not surprised they were different and they stated it "didnt matter".

I tried pushing the speed up to 2400 in the BIOS but the speeds have not changed in the MSI command center.

Any advice on this is appreciated!

thanks!

Normally any reputable PC vendor would make sure that memory is installed as a tested kit or from matching individual sticks. Using differently specced modules can lead to all sorts of issues and I would not recommend it in general.

What does CPU-Z > memory tab report as the current DRAM frequency and timings?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
    X