Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ compatibility with X399

Hi,

I'm currently thinking about upgrading my system from X99 (Intel) to X399 (AMD).
    However, I wouldn't really want to buy a new RAM kit along with it.

Now my main question is: Would the memory work? I don't expect the full 3200MHz and I know that I'd have to set it up manually since XMP won't work, but that isn't a problem for me.

Yes, should be able to work great with manual settings. Make sure to have the latest BIOS for the motherboard. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Thanks.
      It'll still take at least a month for me to get my hands on it, but I'll report back as soon as I know more.

Comment

Well, I just recently bought the ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME along with a TR 2950X. Long story short: I'm unable to make the RAM work completely.
        Best I can get is 32GB (out of 64) running at 2400 (didn't really try with the frequencies). When I try running at 3200, the system becomes unstable.
        When I try to use the full 64GB, the system doesn't even boot to UEFI. The board stops the POST at "Detect Memory" (the board has its own display for that, my screen stays black).

Any ideas?

Oh, and did you know that there isn't a single match between your QVL and theirs for the 128GB Kits? I'm a bit confused as to which list I should trust. :/

Comment

Got it figured out. Seems my board has a faulty RAM slot. The full 64GB are working if I put them on the same channels (resulting in dual channel instead of quad channel).
          And they're running stable at 2933 13-13-13-32 for me.

Comment

Alright, the ram is working now in a new board. Quad channel, 2933 13-13-13-32. No problems at all, don't even need to raise any voltages (besides the DRAM to 1.35V of course).

Comment

Most Intel favored RAM will work fine on AMD boards. XMP might not work and you will more than likely have to set some of your RAM timings manually but it should work just fine.
              Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
              Arctic Cooling Freezer 360
              Asus Crosshair VI Hero
              32GB (4X8) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - G.Skill took too long getting their act together with their RGB RAM!
              2X Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
              Samsung EVO 960 500GB
              3X Seagate 3TB SATA3/7,200RPM
              LG 16X Blu-Ray/DVD Writer
              SilverStone Strider 1200 Watt
              Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered

Comment

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...073&model=3079

Comment

Working...
                X