SODIMM to DIMM adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SODIMM to DIMM adapters

Would anyone know if the F4-2666C18S-16GRS SODIMMs might work with a SODIMM to DIMM adapter? http://www.mfactors.com/jet-5608ak-d...h-metal-guide/ Specifically, on an ASRock X370 Taichi motherboard and Ryzen 7 1700 CPU.

I have already just recently purchased two F4-2666C18S-16GRS SODIMMs for a laptop, but decided to return the laptop and instead to build a desktop. Given RAM prices, it would save me a good amount of money if the adapters might work for now, even if not ideal.

The adapters usually are only tested for JEDEC speeds so the max memory frequency you can achieve with them might be limited. So if you can use them with DDR4-2666 sticks is something you have to try yourself. In general the adapters do work, but quality control can be an issue for the cheaper ones from china. I had to return mine several times until I got two that were working perfectly (with Intel Kaby Lake-S).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I've only found the above company's models for DDR4 adapters. Is that the one you got?

It's worrying that you had quality control issues. It's bad enough that Ryzen RAM compatibility is already very sensitive.

Comment

No, mine were bought as China white label pieces for 5 bucks each. The PCB is missing some components compared to the JET-5608AK and they look more like ebay item # 162989863473.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Linus Techtips on youtube recently made review about this (SODIMM to DIMM).
          Maybe youtube that out

Comment

Originally posted by Frits007 View Post
            Linus Techtips on youtube recently made review about this (SODIMM to DIMM).
            Maybe youtube that out
            Thanks. I've seen that video. In the end I decided to buy some DIMMs given how sensitive Ryzen is to RAM.

Comment

Working...
            X