F4-3000C15D-16GVGB/ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G/INTEL i7 8700K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3000C15D-16GVGB/ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G/INTEL i7 8700K

I'm running into an issue with my new PC build and I'm trying to figure out if the Motherboard, SSD, or the Memory is causing an issue. I can boot the computer up to Windows, however the computer randomly freezes. I've checked the event logs and nothing shows where the issue is. Tried the following diagnostic software with no luck: Memtest, Windows Memory Test, Samsung Magician, Crystal Disk, HCI Memtest, and Intel Diagnostic Utility. I've installed Windows 10 Pro 4 times and installed Windows 10 Education on to see if that would make a difference, however the computer froze again.

The Bios and Drivers are updated to the latest version as well.. I recently ran the HCI Memtest and the program was at 149 % coverage with no errors on 12 Processes when the computer froze. Each process ran for 1024 MB.

Can the freezing be caused by the setup of the bios or XMP profile for the ram or am I missing something here?

My rig is:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G
    Processor: Intel i7 8700K
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2
    SSD: 960 Pro 512 GB M.2
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15D-16GVGB
    Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand Series 750 Watt

Do you have the problem with XMP off?

Sounds like it can be a PS issue if tests stress tests are passing fine. It may be necessary to try different hardware to find a solution.

Comment

Working...
    X