Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-3200 C14D-16GFX compatible with Z370?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200 C14D-16GFX compatible with Z370?

I have the G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX DRAM installed in an AMD Ryzen X370/1700X system and it works as advertised. In fact, with the correct BIOS settings it runs well beyond the rated 3200-14.

I'm curious, the above memory says it is specifically for the Ryzen world and I'm planning on building a system with the Intel Z370/8700K configuration. Will the DRAM work on an Intel Z370 platform? What issues will I encounter? Is it the XMP settings or what that makes is designed for only the Ryzen CPU?

The RAM should work with an Intel platform. The XMP is designed for AMD, but many Intel motherboards should be able to support it as well.
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

I tested F4-3200C14D-16GFX on my ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex, they just worked @ XMP settings and did overclock to DDR4-4000 on manual settings without issues.
      >> The official G.SKILL Memory Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)! << | [pictures] Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the information. If it works OK on a Z270 board it should work on a Z370 M/B. I'll give it a try. Sure would like to know why G.Skill says the memory is for the Ryzen. Maybe it's just the memory modules used - the Ryzen X370 chipset seems to be very particular.

Comment

Working...
        X