Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot up Issues with DDR4-4200MHZ on Asus Rampage Extreme VI

Hello-
    I purchased G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4200 (PC4 33600) Intel X299 Desktop Memory Model F4-4200C19Q2-64GTZSW from Newegg for my Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME VI. Having issues booting up as well as coming out of sleep mode. At times, PC will boot up fine, but other times, I'll get either a "CODE 80, Check Memory" or "CODE AF, Check Memory" message. This will also happen waking the PC from sleep mode. I triple checked this memory and made sure that the memory listed this particular motherboard on the QVL list and it is.

I've tried using XMP as well as manually entering the memory settings, with the same results. I have tried this on the 1004 firmware (dated 12/10/2017) as well as the most recent firmware (dated 1/17/2018.) Can someone please shed some light on this issue? Is there some setting in the bios that is affecting this? I just spent $1,400 on this memory and have spent more time trying to get it to boot up than actually being able to use it!

Thanks

Emmett

What settings did you use? You may need to boost some Voltage slightly to see if it can better stabilize the RAM. To confirm a Voltage issue, you can lower DRAM Frequency to see if the system is more stable.

Comment

Boot up issues

I initially used the XMP profile. The ram voltage is set at 1.40, as per the XMP secs.

I also tried manually configuring the memory using the XMP specs but with same results. Even tried pushing RAM voltage to 1.41 with same results...

My understanding is with this memory being QVL for my motherboard, that the XMP setting would take care of the rest.

Thanks again.

Emmett

Comment

In some cases the supplied Voltage is slightly lower than set Voltage, so you may need to manually set higher. In other cases the CPU / memory controller struggles to stabilize the RAM and settings, so additional tweaking may be necessary to troubleshoot and stabilize the system.

This RAM is pushing the limits of the platform, so it may not be as simple as others since not all CPUs may support it.

Comment

Working...
        X