Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with G Skill on Motherboard X99

best regard.

A few months ago I bought a G-Skill memory kit for my system, which is not exactly optimized for x99 systems, and I could not do well overcloking to the Ram, the case is that the technical support of G_skill gave me the supposed configurations of the bios so that my system was stable, but when running AIDA64 the system takes out blue screen and restarts, the only stable counterfiguration is 2.133 mhz with CL 15-15-16-36 2T at 1.20v, but I would like to know if there is a latency stable for a higher frequency like 2.666mhz or a lower latency than CL15 for 2.133mhz

The settings that I got from G_skill support are: (it does not work)
    DRAM Frequency = 2666MHz
    DRAM Voltage = 1.20V
    CL Timing = 15-15-15-35
    Command Rate = 2

Ram: G-Skill F4-3200C16Q-64GVK
    MotherBoard: Asus X99-Pro / USB 3.1
    CPU: Intel® Core ™ i7-5960X Extreme Edition

I hope you can help me.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

With XMP enabled in BIOS, manually lower DRAM Frequency to see what value is stable.

For manual settings, you can try the timings on the RAM, DRAM Voltage 1.35V, then see what DRAM Frequency can boot up.

Also, make sure to use the correct slots.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

With XMP enabled in BIOS, manually lower DRAM Frequency to see what value is stable.

For manual settings, you can try the timings on the RAM, DRAM Voltage 1.35V, then see what DRAM Frequency can boot up.

Also, make sure to use the correct slots.

Let us know how it goes.
      I have decided to buy another kit that is compatible with X99, but I have a question about whether it should be 4X16 or 8X8.

What I am looking for is stability but doing something of OC to give more performance.

Comment

Follow the G.Skill QVL for best compatibility and OC:

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...276&model=2477

Comment

Working...
        X