Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB(2x16GB) F4-2400C16D-32GRS not working on a DELL XPS 15 9550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB(2x16GB) F4-2400C16D-32GRS not working on a DELL XPS 15 9550

Hi,

I've recently purchased G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB(2x16GB) DDR4-2400 F4-2400C16D-32GRS PC4-19200 SODIMM to upgrade the RAM in my DELL XPS 15 (9550).

When I install both the memory cards I experience random crashes in Windows 10 and the memory test using MemTest86 fails. Computer crashes with a screen blur of lines with different colors or black/white boxes.

Just wanted to check if anyone know the answer to the following questions?

1. Is this memory model compatible with the DELL XPS 15 (9550) and are knows issues using this memory model with the DELL XPS 15 (9550).

2. Can you confirm that this memory model should support using the two 16 GB memory cards together? (I've reported the issue to DELL and they suggested that these specific 16 GB memory cards might not support being installed together).

It may not be compatible at this time. Also, DDR4-2400 may need to be CL17 for Dell computers.

Comment

I see. I can see that the crucial that some people have had success with are 2400 Mhz and CL 17.

The strange thing is that the memory works fine if I only use one of the memory cards. I've tested with MemTest86 and windows diagnostics with both the cards in both the slots. All test pass.

It's only when I plug in both the cards MemTest86 fails and I get random crashes. I've tried both cards in both the slots together.

So you're saying that because the memory cards are CL 15 and not CL 17 might be why they don't work together?

Comment

Yes, memory compatibility can be tricky which is why we must produce complete kits that have been tested from factory.

Comment

Originally posted by ekbladh View Post
          Hi,

I've recently purchased G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB(2x16GB) DDR4-2400 F4-2400C16D-32GRS PC4-19200 SODIMM to upgrade the RAM in my DELL XPS 15 (9550).

When I install both the memory cards I experience random crashes in Windows 10 and the memory test using MemTest86 fails. Computer crashes with a screen blur of lines with different colors or black/white boxes.

Just wanted to check if anyone know the answer to the following questions?

1. Is this memory model compatible with the DELL XPS 15 (9550) and are knows issues using this memory model with the DELL XPS 15 (9550).

2. Can you confirm that this memory model should support using the two 16 GB memory cards together? (I've reported the issue to DELL and they suggested that these specific 16 GB memory cards might not support being installed together).
          Bro is the crash happening then a black screen is popping with white links are moving up down? If yes then I am encountering the same issue and not getting any solution what so ever. Have you been able to get it resolved??
          Mr Bansal
          Tutu App Show Box Tutu App

Comment

Here i found interesting and very happy to join this community official website

Comment

i had some memory trouble, and borrowed some DDR4 memory from our DELL precision work computers.
              (Dell certificate) 2x8gb Samsung and 2x8gb SK Hynix memory, and both brands didnt even booted up my home system!
              Even with only 1 module, it didnt come alive.....

So yeah.... seems like DELL has some weird memory dealio's :P

Comment

Working...
              X