• Show
Clear All

• st4v0
    replied
    so how high can i go?

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    High Voltage like 1.40V+ is OK if the system may use it such as when overclocking higher than rated spec. It is a problem if the Voltage is too high but it does not need it, so only increase Voltage if you are scaling up frequency or lowering timings to attempt better settings.

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    GSKILL TECH

What voltage range do I have to play with on these sticks,how high can I go?

it would be nice to know this as their seems to be too many random answers out their and they all vary alot.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    Through some indirect overclocking and testing with how far I could take it past 3200Mhz,when it eventually failed at roughly 3700Mhz I had the Vram preboot and main ram voltage both at 1.4v.
    with using this higher voltage it tried repeatedly to train and reboot (4-5 times if i remember correctly) until it eventually gave up and and came back with a bios failed boot message.
    This got me thinking about the previous cold boot problems and leaving the voltage at 1.4v on both preboot and main vram I knocked it back down to 3200Mhz and tested.
    with shutting the system down it simply booted straight up with a single press on the power button (normally required two presses with lower voltage and even then it would fail after 3 seconds with the lower voltage 1.35v on ram main voltage)
    So far voltage definitely does seem to be key when it comes to the cold boot problem.
    Hopefully this might help others that are having the cold boot issues with large ram sets and set them on the right track.

Leave a comment:

• brucer
    replied
    I've returned the overpriced Flare-x for a refund, turned out to be completely unreliable... just will not cold boot reliably, no matter what soc voltage or dram voltage I use..

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    On the conversation of coldboot I've found that if I fully switch of the rig at the mains and leave it for 30 seconds for all the lights to go out and then switch it back on then it does a double boot and then boots straight up at 3200Mhz.
    But from any straight power off and then try and boot back up and its back in a cold boot loop again.
    So something happens when I switch it off at the mains and power it all down,maybe it resets all the ram training.
    GSKILL TECH can you ask your tech guys and see what setting in bios could possibly recreate this please.

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    default voltage normally is 0.9v-1.2v,setting it to auto and rebooting and going back into bios will show the true default wich normally is 0.9v.
    It will vary a bit with speed if set to auto but mine started at 0.9v at 2133Mhz ram speed.

Leave a comment:

• brucer
    replied
    I'm working on reducing my dram and soc voltage...

Yesterday I brought dram voltage down from 1.36 to 1.35 (default for the flareX) and reduced vddcr_soc to 1.150...
    This booted fine and is very stable..

I wish someone could tell me what the default soc voltage is suppose to be, so I could have a minimum value to go by..

Leave a comment:

• brucer
    replied
    asrock needs to introduce a little more dram voltage on boot... I had to use dram voltage of 1.36 and soc at 1.15625 for mine to cold boot...

The other issue is the 3200mhz flare x memory, Ryzen specific, performs worse than the 3000mhz z170 ripjawsV kit I have.. Also with the 3000mhz memory I also have to increase the dram voltage and soc voltage for it to cold boot with the asrock professional gaming... I am running bios 3.1 with my x370 professional gaming..

Today I'm going to try with the dram voltage at 1.35 and incrementally dropping the soc voltage to try to get it a little lower, maybe 1.15

Any help from gskill on settings for this ryzen specific FlareX 3200mhz memory that wont cold boot would be nice..
    Last edited by brucer; 09-26-2017, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    Any idea on when that is happening ? Because on the Asus forums nobody official is really communicating with us.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Yes, definitely upcoming BIOS updates will significantly improve compatibility and performance

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    I am also trying to get to the bottom of this also on the zenith forums but it seems like others are also facing this issue.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-boot-problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAp...ature=youtu.be

the only difference here is he has pressed the retry button and its cycling I think.

Are we due to have a newer Bios soon with a more up to date agesa code?

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    In this thread you refer to a bios update allowing 3200Mhz to be possible.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14567

Is this relevent to me also?

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    I have tested all four sticks individually and found they all react exactly the same.
    Ill try and word this as carefully as i can.

From bios/save and restart every stick starts up just fine from 2133Mhz - 3200Mhz.
    However only 2133Mhz starts up from a cold boot from completely off.
    So anything from 2400Mhz - 3200Mhz fails to initialise from a cold boot and is only active for maybe 3 seconds before powering off.

As ive said before in my previous post though,something is failing to initialise and kick it in to post,because from bios onwards all those speeds including 3200Mhz is rock solid in windows (prime95/Many hours).

Leave a comment:

• st4v0
    replied
    Oh OK.
    How high frequency should I test each stick ,or do you want me to test each stick going up the frequency range till it fails to boot?
    Thanks for the help so far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X