Trident Z RGB Issues and complaints.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z RGB Issues and complaints.

This is going to be a long rant of the G.Skill Trident Z RGB due to how many issues I've had since day one of receiving these.

Before I go on with my rant, these are my spec's I'm dealing with, with the RAM.
    CPU: i7 5930k OC'd to 4.5
    CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
    GPU: EVGA 1080 TI FTW 3 OC'd to 2050 Mhz
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w P2

So, I purchased the G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB @ 3200 RAM last month from New Egg and have had to RMA them TWICE now, the first set of RAM I received, one of the 4 sticks was dead, and was only registering 24 GB out of 32 GB of RAM, and today I had to RMA them again because one of the LED's on the sticks died.

And unfortunately today was the last day I could RMA the RAM directly through New Egg, I say unfortunately because G.Skill is THE worst company I've ever had the misfortune of trying to contact. I've emailed them 4 times, not one single response, and I've called them every single day (literally) since I bought them, sometimes multiple times a day, one of two things happen, they don't answer the phone, or they do answer the phone, and they hang up on me.

I bought this RAM over the Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM because I fell in love with how this RAM looked, it was aesthetically beautiful to me, but ever since I received it I have had nothing but issues.

The LED's on the RAM work when THEY want to, not when you want to, also, god forbid you have to shut the computer down, or the power cuts out, because if you were lucky enough to get the LED's the way you want them (I have mine on Glowing YoYo mode on red), but the moment I shut down or restart the computer, the LED's go out of wack, one of the light bars turns completely off, or one of them is stuck on rainbow, or only 2 of the light bars actually work, forcing me to have to uninstall and reinstall the G.Skill Control program, and even then, it STILL doesn't work properly, and yes, I'm restarting my computer after every uninstall, and after every reinstall.

Getting the lights to work properly again takes me a good 2-4 hours every single time they mess up. Not only that, but the G.Skill Control program doesn't even work half the time.

This RAM has been released for "I THINK" half a year now, they've had plenty of time to fix this. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of being the beta tester for a company who releases trash products. They need to have this tested and working before releasing, because I've effectively spent $300.00 on useless trash that works 20% of the time, and can't get in touch with G.Skill if my life depended on it.

I should have went with my gut and ordered from a company that I knew 100% that I could trust, like Corsair, not only can I trust them, but getting in contact with Corsair is one of the easiest and best companies I've had the pleasures of dealing with, other than EVGA.

Needless to say, this will be the LAST time I ever buy from G.Skill.

To G.Skill: Fix your sh**, you've had plenty of time now, but it seems you care so little about your customer base, and care more about the money than anything else, you've "acknowledged" the fact that people are having issues with this RAM left and right, but continue to do nothing about it., not only that, but whoever you have on your customer support team, fire every person on that team, and start new, I have no idea how you guys can even stay afloat with how god awful that customer support team is, I haven't been able to get in contact with ANYONE at G.Skill since day one of receiving these in the mail, I've emailed and called multiple times with nothing in return.

To anyone thinking about buying this garbage RAM: Don't bother wasting your money and giving these money hungry pathetic pieces of sh** your money, go for a more respected company like Corsair, sure you may like how this RAM looks better, but trust me, it's not worth the trouble you will have to go through.
    Last edited by Ghostfire; 05-25-2017, 07:16 PM.

Yeah I used corsair for my girlfriends build and they have been working great meanwhile my rainbows are rainbow

Comment

Unfortunately a lot of the issues we can not fix alone because the RGB and product itself is dependent on other hardware such as the motherboard. Compatibility also changes when other hardware is used on the motherboard as well, which is why we software was released early so users can report issues with their combination. It is the fastest way to reach every combination of hardware on the market.

Due to the unique design it is taking some time to work with other teams to a produce solution. We wish it can be a quick fix, but it's not, but rest assured we are doing our best to have issues resolved ASAP. The upcoming updates will have significant improvements. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        The upcoming updates will have significant improvements. Thank you for your patience.
        And those will be when?

Comment

Originally posted by abulldog View Post
          And those will be when?

Comment

Originally posted by Hexile View Post

*gasp* Gskill is the source of the apocalypse in the next Fallout game?!

Comment

Working...
            X