Trident Z RGB program issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z RGB program issues

My problem is pretty simple: I downloaded the program to allow me to control the RGB's and it gives me one message. "No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"
    I have no idea how to fix this what so ever. I know that they're supposed to be Aura compatible but aura doesn't recognize them

What motherboard do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? Make sure you are using Trident Z RGB software version 1.00.16

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      What motherboard do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? Make sure you are using Trident Z RGB software version 1.00.16
      I updated my bios, verified that I am using 1.00.16 and it is still giving me the same issue.

Comment

i had this same problem...

the fix was i switched ram slots
        from slot 2 and 4.

i now placed my rams at slot 1 and 3. and the program now detects my rgb rams
        Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
        Asrock Z270 Extreme4
        16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
        Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
        Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
        ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

help Trident Z RGB No Control Software

eror
          No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"

spec
          i5 6600k
          msi z170a gaming m5
          Ram Trident Z RGB 8*2 16G
          psu 750W

Comment

Unboundstorm,

Need your hardware info to get an idea of what may be going on.

Bas142536,

Did you run through all the basic checks that are mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Unboundstorm View Post
              My problem is pretty simple: I downloaded the program to allow me to control the RGB's and it gives me one message. "No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"
              I have no idea how to fix this what so ever. I know that they're supposed to be Aura compatible but aura doesn't recognize them
              I got fed up of the G.Skill software giving me this problem, so I uninstalled it, you need to make sure that everything is gone, have a look in program files (x86) and make sure all the Aura stuff and Asus stuff is gone, if you cant delete it, open task manager, end the tasks and then delete it or follow the new removal instructions where you download the software, I even ran a registry cleaner and ccleaner just to clean up any left overs, now reboot.

Next download ASUS lighting control 1.04.29, ive uploaded it here: http://www.megafileupload.com/26fje/...trol_10429.zip, install it, make sure the installer is completely finished, it may look finished, but actually isnt, no need to reboot, just run the software, works like a charm on my system, video here of it in action, aslo see the description: https://youtu.be/ZSI3cs5RHk0

Looks just like the G.Skill software, and most of the settings ive tried in that list work, however, music crashes it and not tried Temperature. even brought a dark stick back to life, oh by the way, im running that on a Gigabyte RyZen B350 motherboard with this ram.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jamin280672; 03-31-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Unboundstorm,

Bas142536,

bios 1.D

Comment

Unboundstorm,

Bas142536,

i7-6850k
                  2x GTX 1080's
                  16GB of TridentZ RGB (placed in the C1 and D1 dimms)
                  Asus Strix X99 Mobo
                  Windows 10

Comment

No happy Program

Comment

Unboundstorm,

Did you Enable DRAM SPD Write?

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14291

Comment

It worked! I was able to control the LED's. but then i closed the program and tried to reopen it and now the program is trying to control all the RGB's that Aura used to control....except that it's leaving the RAM out

Comment

I have tried everything and nothing works for my G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000 Mhz CL 15 32GB (4x8GB) on my X99A MSI Gaming 7 (latest bios H.F0) motherboard with windows 10, 64-bit.

I have never had the .08 beta installed.

Every time I get "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Module(s) found on your computer system!
                          Program will be terminated"

Here is a link to my complete build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KQq48d

I do see the AsLedService fail a lot in event viewer.

I have uninstalled every MSI software other than Live update and no change.

Comment

QuantumsEdge,

Email techsupport@gskill.com with details to see if they have more information about this particular combination.

Comment

I recently updated my Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 to the latest BIOS Version F10. My G.Skill Trident Z DRAM Modules F4-3200C14-8GTZR always worked like a charm on this board, well except the first versions. With the F10 BIOS still Frequency speed @ 3200 so everything fine. Anyhow, when looking into my case I found out that the LEDs of my G.Skills were OFF. Tried a lot of stuff and found that you simply need to power off your computer and cut the power supply for a certain time so the caps will be unloaded as well. I made a coffee so came back around 2 minutes later. Afterwards I had the default rainbow effect again. Nice, thought the new G.Skill v1.00.28 will work now, but nope: „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ error message showed up. Tried a lot of things but nothing could fix it (Deinstall, Reinstall all versions[v1.00.16, v1.00.22], reinstalled windows, deactivated the Logitech Gaming services, …). What really was the issue that the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip file is coming from an unknown source(?) so Windows 10 will not unzip it properly (At least what my thoughts are here). I would guess this guide will work for any other Hardware combinations as the problems seems to be the file handling in windows. So ASUS, MSI, ASRock and other MB vendors should work as well.

My solution:

1) If the modules are completely dark, power off computer, cut power supply for a couple of seconds (To be safe 2 mins?)
                              2) Afterwards you should have the rainbow effect again
                              3) If the modules are not recognized by the G.SKILL Trident Z Control Software and you get the „No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system“ message do this:
                              3a) Uninstall the Software
                              3b) Delete the AXSP and the IO folder within the ASUS folder in you programs(x86) folder and the LightingService folder.
                              4) Restart your computer
                              5) Now download the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28.zip
                              6) Do not unzip the files! Right click on the .zip and go to Properties
                              7) Now in General check the unblock checkbox. After clicking on it the box is gone and the zip will be trusted.

8) Now unzip and install. After the restart of the system you hopefully have control of your DRAM’s LEDs again.

Hope that helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X