RGB Ram Stick Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Ram Stick Issue

Just received a 2x8gb stick config of RGB ram. The first night everything was running fine. Now one of the sticks will only show a faint purple light on one side of the stick . I was messing around with the beta software which didn't work at all last night. Could that have done something to the ram stick??

As a test I reinstalled the software with that one stick installed and when I try and open the software I get a message that "No trident ram modules could be found"

Tried multiple ram slots and same issue. Anyone else every had an issue like this? Would hate to have to RMA this ram after only owning for a day

Mobo: Asus gaming K7
    Memory: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    cpu: I7 6700k
    Last edited by chelch; 03-08-2017, 09:08 PM.

There are a few of us having the same issue. I have 1 stick that is faintly lit. It's more then likely a software issue, so we have been holding off RMA'ing them. New software is due out very soon, let's hope they address the issue soon.

Comment

I dont even have the software installed anymore though...should I still be seeing this issue? And its only one stick doing this. The other is fine rgb wise

Comment

Well we shouldn't being seeing the issue IMO. But yes the same thing is happening to me, I've tried the sticks in a different machine and it will not reset. It is stuck doesn't matter what ya do,

It seems if they go completely out, that is not really a problem, they can be reset. When they get stuck a set way, slightly lit or whatever it may be, they will not default.

It's a bummer. My ram is working fine but I paid for the fancy lights and expect them to work too. Trying to remain patient...

Comment

I got ya. I figured that software wrote something to the actual rgb controller on the stick.

Comment

Have a look at this thread:
            http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14247

The software has a few problems at the moment.

Maybe it stands in conflict with other motherboard led software or something like this.
            Last edited by Schredder; 03-10-2017, 01:11 AM.
            - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
            - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
            - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
            - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
            - Sound Blaster Z
            - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
            - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

I had the same issue with the message saying that no modules were detected. That was with an MSI B150 mobo I had at the time. Im buying a 7700k in the next few days, so I ordered an MSI Z270 Gaming M5, and that problem went right away. I was able to successfully use the software. But now I'm having a problem with the RGBs on both sticks not lighting up at all. No matter what I set it to. No lighting. I really hope this is software issue, Ive had to RMA last two RAM sets I bought.

Also, when the DIMMs were working, I also had the problem with the faint glow at the top corner of one stick.

Intel I5 6600k @ 4.00 GHZ
              MSI Z270 Gaming M5
              16 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @ 2200 MHz CL 15
              GTX 970 FTW+

Comment

Working...
              X