No announcement yet.

VSeries 4x16GB: Could 3/4 be defective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSeries 4x16GB: Could 3/4 be defective?

F4-2133C15Q-64GVR
    On Gigabyte QVL for my mobo
    s/n 1643A4004463571,2,3,4
    purchased from Newegg more than 30 days ago; not eligible for return
    I do not plan to overclock
    Gigabyte G170X Gaming 7 (two of them)
    BIOS F8, F20 configured with optimized defaults
    Core i7 6700K, 7700K
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB)

I’ve resisted the idea that three out of four DIMMs could be duds, but through two motherboards and two processors, this behavior has not varied:
    One DIMM (#2) will POST in any socket
    The other three, tested singly and in pairs in channel A or B will produce a memory initialization error
    #2 plus one of the others in channel A or B POSTs, but:
    #2 shows as 16384 MB installed and 16384 available
    The other DIMM shows as 65536 or 131072 installed; available is blank
    Memtest86 reports correct installed size for other DIMM, but will test only #2
    Windows 10 reports 16GB total RAM

I’m running on the borrowed the Corsair RAM, which POSTs without errors, but I’d rather have my 64GB of G.Skill.

Since it’s too late to return to Newegg, I believe I need to return to G.Skill, unless technical support wants me to try something else before requesting an RMA.

Thanks for your attention.

No problem, we will be glad to replace it to see if a new kit works better. That memory kit should be plug and play, so if you have the latest BIOS and still have problems, something is not right.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response; RMA request has been submitted.

Comment

Thanks again for your prompt and helpful response to my problem. The replacement kit arrived sooner than expected, it POSTed on the second try and has performed flawlessly ever since.

Despite my experience receiving a 75% defective kit, I've written a 5-egg review on Newegg. This is due to the quality of your support.

Case closed.

Comment

Great to hear! It's crazy because when they leave our factory they are good but once they reach the customer sometimes very strange results can happen. RMA direct from G.Skill is always flawless, so really any time you have a problem, let us know and we can quickly resolve it.

Comment

Working...
          X