Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTZ kit on X99?

Hi guys
    I'm building an X99 system, I already have processor (5820k) and ram (F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ); while board (MSI godlike gaming carbon) is on its way.
    I searched gskill site and neither the F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ nor the F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB are apparently aimed at X99; however MSI includes F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB in its qvl list, but does not include the GTZ kit I have (ebay publication (http://www.ebay.com/itm/131950024889#rwid) was wrong, stating GTZB kit in the title but it actually was a GTZ kit; and I already have opened it ).
    Question is, do you think this system could work at 3200 mhz if I activate XMP and the manually enter the timings of the GTZB kit (16-18-18-38-2N)? Or there are other diferences between kits beyond that of primary timings? Or perhaps 3200 mhz on 5820k would be anyway impossible to attain, regardless the ram kit I use?

Thanks in advance

You may need to attempt manual settings and input VCCIO and VCCSA Voltage. 5820K CPU may handle 3200, but 3000 is more reasonable. Make sure to have the latest BIOS. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thank you very much
      Any reference values for VCCIO and VCCSA? Sorry, this will be my first time overclocking RAM
      I'll let you know how it results
      thanks again

Comment

IO 1.10V SA 1.10V, then tweak and test from there according to how it responds. Once you find the ideal Voltage the system should be perfectly stable. Use a stress test like SuperPi or Intel Burn Test to check stability
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-07-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          IO 1.10V SA 1.10V, then tweak and test from there according to how it responds. Once you find the ideal Voltage the system should be perfectly stable. Use a stress test like SuperPi or Intel Burn Test to check stability
          Worked like a charm.
          First overclocked the processor up to 4.5 ghz and 1.30 V Vcore, and tested stability with HCI memtest, intel burnstest realbench stresstest and superpi. Everuthing went fine.
          Then turned on xmp, typed in those two voltages as you suggested and restarted. Overclock failed. Checked settings and found that xmp was applying only 1.20 V dram voltage. Changed to 1.30 V, restarted and worked! Ram at 3200 Mhz.
          Tried HCI memtest for like half an hour without errors; then Intel burntest standard for 10 runs without errors (temperatures topped 71 C for package and 60 C at core level), then realbench stresstest for 15' without errors (temperatures topped at 61 C for package), and last superpi 32M without errors.

Final settings are:
          cpu core voltage 1.3 V (checked and board applies 1.304)
          SA voltage 1.1 V (board applies 1.088)
          VCCIO voltage 1.1 V (board applies 1.112)
          dram voltage 1.35 V (board applies 1.36)

greatly appreciate your help

Comment

Originally posted by pedrome View Post
            Worked like a charm.
            First overclocked the processor up to 4.5 ghz and 1.30 V Vcore, and tested stability with HCI memtest, intel burnstest realbench stresstest and superpi. Everuthing went fine.
            Then turned on xmp, typed in those two voltages as you suggested and restarted. Overclock failed. Checked settings and found that xmp was applying only 1.20 V dram voltage. Changed to 1.30 V, restarted and worked! Ram at 3200 Mhz.
            Tried HCI memtest for like half an hour without errors; then Intel burntest standard for 10 runs without errors (temperatures topped 71 C for package and 60 C at core level), then realbench stresstest for 15' without errors (temperatures topped at 61 C for package), and last superpi 32M without errors.

Final settings are:
            cpu core voltage 1.3 V (checked and board applies 1.304)
            SA voltage 1.1 V (board applies 1.088)
            VCCIO voltage 1.1 V (board applies 1.112)
            dram voltage 1.35 V (board applies 1.36)

greatly appreciate your help
            Well, after six months of flawless performance, the system one day decide not to boot, showing a lcd debug code 95. It even was not able to post, and after several tries (I even pressed the reset button on the board), I managed to get it to reach a screen which said that the overclock failed. That screen offered an option to load default settings, which I did, and only after that the system booted normally.
            Then I restarted and went to bios settings, overclocked the cpu again just like I did before, and everything went fine; system booted normally. Then I rebooted again and went to bios settings and tried to overclock the ram enabling xmp and correcting vccio, sa and dram voltages (to the same values that had been working fine in my system) and again, system not booting, debug code 95. So, the problem seems to be ram related, isn't it? What should I try? Any thoughts?
            Thanks in advance

Comment

Try a lower frequency or one module at a time to see if the RAM can work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                Try a lower frequency or one module at a time to see if the RAM can work properly.
                Well, I reinserted all the 4 ram modules on the board, bumped up a little the system agent voltage to 1.15V and the ram voltage also up a little to 1.37V, and xmp worked again.
                Don't know for how long though

Comment

Working...
                X