F4-3000C15Q-16GRR boot instability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3000C15Q-16GRR boot instability

Hi all - I have the F4-3000C15Q-16GRR kit on my Gigabyte X99-Gaming 5P (F2f bios) with XMP Profile 1 enabled for 3000. The system is stable once in Windows but bios often detects boot failures.

If I was to manually input the timings, what else can I try to have successful boots other than disabling XMP for 2133?

CPU-Z export attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by toran0x; 11-11-2015, 06:02 PM. Reason: Added CPU-Z and edited stock memory.

Manually input the same values as XMP.

You may want to manually input voltages such as DRAM Voltage and System Agent Voltage to see if that is more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Manually input the same values as XMP.

You may want to manually input voltages such as DRAM Voltage and System Agent Voltage to see if that is more stable.
      Thank you. Do you have any suggestions for DRAM voltage or system agent voltage? Since posting this, I turned off Intel Turbo Boost since using XMP overclocks the processor anyway. Maybe that will help.

Comment

DRAM voltage is 1.35V for this kit. The actual VCCSA needed varies from CPU to CPU, so just increase it in small steps until you find full stability and don't go overboard with it.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

For overclocking scenarios, is there a way to not push the base clock multiplier to 1.25x and keep it at 1, still getting 3000?

Comment

Depends on the mainboard, some boards can do 3000 and even 3200 without 1.25x strap. I know of several ASUS X99 models that did get BIOS updates for it. If that option is not available in your UEFI, you probably have to ask Gigabyte support about it.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I set the System Agent Voltage to .01 (seems to be at 0 by default) - and all seems to be good now. Hope this helps others with the same mobo/CPU/memory combo. My CPU is 5930k, which I don't think I mentioned previously.
              Last edited by toran0x; 11-16-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I'm speculating

I'm guessing 0 is Auto, by setting .01 you set it to manual

I'm guessing the reason for the initial issues were too high Auto SA voltages instead

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                  DRAM voltage is 1.35V for this kit. The actual VCCSA needed varies from CPU to CPU, so just increase it in small steps until you find full stability and don't go overboard with it.
                  When you say small steps, do you mean .01 to .02 to .03 etc? Or .1 to .2 to .3? I haven't been able to find anything on this. I'm still seeing boot instability so I wonder if I'm not setting it high enough.

Comment

asus z170-a

hi! i have a same memory and in my mb asus z170-a not work fine ,i start pc 2 time ,firs time start for 10,15 seconds and immediatelly shut down,push another time the button and pc start,slovely but start,i have tried xmp,manually,but same result,i must stard 2 time!!!
                    i contact asus because the memory was in qvl list,but assistance tell me that memory is supported only in two modules in my motherboard.
                    i have buy thi memory on Amazon italy,but for change it i must less 20& of price!!!!
                    please someone can tell me how memory i must buy? or know the rigth settings for me?
                    if have a screenshot be amazing friends,
                    tanks on advance and sorry for my english!!

Comment

Originally posted by jannik View Post
                      hi! i have a same memory and in my mb asus z170-a not work fine ,i start pc 2 time ,firs time start for 10,15 seconds and immediatelly shut down,push another time the button and pc start,slovely but start,i have tried xmp,manually,but same result,i must stard 2 time!!!
                      i contact asus because the memory was in qvl list,but assistance tell me that memory is supported only in two modules in my motherboard.
                      i have buy thi memory on Amazon italy,but for change it i must less 20& of price!!!!
                      please someone can tell me how memory i must buy? or know the rigth settings for me?
                      if have a screenshot be amazing friends,
                      tanks on advance and sorry for my english!!
                      I contacted Amazon US similarly, luckily they accepted to get back the remaining Corsair RAM's after 30 days of shipment receipt (sent the other half before) (decided to replace my brother's systems' RAM's too, better safe then sorry later on)

Anyway, I bought TridentZ's, as they seem to be the most stable one, but even they experience issues

I heard of this startup issue before, it was related to vdroop's, MSI fixed it, but it broke other things, obviously ASUS didn't fix it yet, try to find a newer BIOS if it exists

TL;DR: As far as I see, everyone experiences these issues in various forms, Skylake + Z170 = Fiasco-ish - so even if you get new RAM, you might not get XMP, but at least it will work at 2133mhz for the time being

Try to buy TridentZ's, or get RipjawsV's - as they will at least be officially supported

Comment

Working...
                      X