Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-3000C15Q-16GRR won't run at 3000mhz anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3000C15Q-16GRR won't run at 3000mhz anymore.

Hello,
    this july I built a new system and opted to use those rams, they look great when paired to my MSI x99s gaming 7 and everything worked without a hitch, until a couple of weeks ago.

When I started my computer after a night off, the first time it would shut off some seconds later, then reboot to display a message informing me the overclocking had failed. It would then proceed to work fine.

Just last week, bugged by having this issue with my new system I decided to test the ram. Downloaded memtest 86 ran it and the ram was showing lots of errors.

I decided to dig this further and ran extensively (a 1000% pass) HCI memtest who reported no errors whatsoever, tried superPi 32m as well and my computer is happily capable of clearing that without problems.

So, I decided to ran again, multiple times memtest86. This time there were no errors. I must have ran the test 30 times to confirm the results and each time the modules passed with flying colors. I reached the conclusion that if HCI memtest passed, superpi 32m passed and now memtest86 passed multiple times, the first time it must have been some kind of false positive and I was in the clear.

Couple days after this extensive ram testing, my pc systematically refuse to boot, with the failed overclocking message appearing after each time. The only solution is to turn off the XMP profile for the rams, point in which they will work without problem. Further testing showed that the modules will boot up until 2600mhz but no more. I tried to test one module at the time in various slots to no avail. Could I have damaged the modules by stressing them too much?
    Last edited by -red-; 10-07-2015, 11:32 PM.

Did you manually input settings? Try that and maybe boost voltage to see if the system can be more stable. Sounds like the settings slightly change with each boot up/shut down.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the reply.
      Weirdly enough, it wasn't working even with manually inputting the settings. What worked though was clearing the CMOS. After that, I can now enable the XMP profile and the modules will happily work at their rated speed. No idea what resetting the CMOS did, but it worked. Most importantly, they are all still passing memtest86 without fail.

Comment

Working...
      X