Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3000C15Q-16 on MSI X99S SLI Plus suddenly not supporting XMP

Hi everyone,

I've had my new computer up and running for about a week, very stable. i7-5820k at 1.35v / 4.0 GHz, MSI X99S Sli Plus, 16GB of the aforementioned RAM, r9 290. The first time I fired up the computer, it went to the BIOS. I clicked XMP, and voila. Perfect. Running at full DDR4-3000 speed.

This morning, when I went to wake my computer from sleep, it didn't respond. I rebooted it, and the BIOS gave me an error, saying the overclock failed, and would not boot with XMP settings no matter what. Boots fine with JEDEC speeds. Over the course of today, I've tried everything I can find and think of to get it to work.
    - Try 1 stick at a time in slot 1 with stock clocks on everything but XMP. No go.
    - Manually enter all timing specs and voltage for DDR4-3000 timings (1.35v). No go.
    - Increase System Agent Voltage in 0.01v increments, all the way up to 2.0v. No go.
    - Boot at stock CPU clocks, Auto DRAM settings, no XMP, Strap at 125 MHz. No go.

It seems as though, as soon as I turn the Strap Clock to 125 MHz, it won't boot the memory, regardless of how slow I set it. For instance, it won't boot at DDR4-2133 with the strap at 125.

However, I currently have it running at Strap = 100 MHz, DDR4-2666, 1T-14-14-14-32 @ 1.35v, with my CPU at 40 so it hits 4.0 GHz on turboboost.

- I have not yet tried increasing the DRAM voltage above 1.35v to see if it will boot at 125 MHz Strap (any DDR4 speed).

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Have you tried DDR4-2800? Enable XMP but set DRAM Frequency to DDR4-2800 and see how that works.

Comment

Cleared the CMOS and it worked. I think I may not have been supplying enough extra voltage to the CPU for the overclock, and the Strap/XMP was the symptom. Thanks!

Comment

Score!

Glad to hear you got it resolved

Comment

Working...
        X