F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD, ASUS P8Z68 deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD, ASUS P8Z68 deluxe

Every time I boot up I get within a couple of minutes BSOD with different errors. I have the latest BIOS, updated drivers. I noticed that on the MOBO that the MEM_OK LED is on continuously. When I push and hold the MemOK! switch for a couple of seconds it starts to blink (per MOBO instructions). Subsequently, I can use the computer for an hour or so without BSOD. So it seems to me that the problem might be with DRAMs. All the latencies in BIOS are set to auto. What can I do to fix this problem?

Try enabling XMP in the BIOS and select the 2133 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

JEDEC memory

Sorry for a delayed thank you but I was not able to post. The posting problem was solved by moving graphics card to the second PCIe slot on ASUS P8Z68 deluxe MOBO (apparently a frequent problem). Enabling XMP and setting it to 2133 with all latencies set at Auto, solved my BSOD and Mem_OK red light.

However, on boot up I noticed the memory shows as DDR3-1600 Hz instead of 2133 Hz.
      I went to BIOS and found memory info in two columns: JEDEC at 1600 and XMP at 2133. Apparently system operates at a lower speed which is a substantial degradation from 2133.
      What is JEDEC memory and how can I speed it up?

Thank you.

Comment

JEDEC is the max the motherboard can AUTO default to.

With XMP enabled, the motherboard will select/use the DDR3-2133 profile.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Low score for memory

Thanks. I ran Windows experience index on my system and a processor, graphics and HD scored 7.9, the highest possible score. Yet, the memory which is supposed to match scored only 5.9. So, I think that there is still something not set right.

Comment

Reinstall Windows.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X