Memory F3-2400C10Q-32GTX + ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) USB 3.0 + i7 4770K @Stock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory F3-2400C10Q-32GTX + ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) USB 3.0 + i7 4770K @Stock

First of all, i didn't found any topic about my motherboard+memory, so sorry if there's already one.

So i just bought Gskill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX 4X8G (DDR3 2400 CL10-12-12-31 1.65v) for my ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) USB 3.0.

First time i put the RAM on, i had only repetitive start and automatic reset from the computer.
    Second time i tried with just 2 of them and the computer started. I had to to select XMP profil and there's 2 of them : 2399 and 2401

Then it was instable or i don't know cause the second time i started the computer, it did the same thing like with 4 DDR.

I'm on the latest BIOS 2702, win 7 64, i7 4770K @stock, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250G, ASUS 780GTX DirectCU 2, 850W gold.

If anyone could help me, 2400 frequency is not important to me, i really need 32Gb even if it's on less Mhz. Thank you.

So, i tested both 4 sticks, and it appear one is bad. So i will RMA them.
    But i tried with only 2 on DS DIMMs, the computer boot, without XMP it's at 1333. I tried to set it at the profile 1 which is at 2401, the computer ran good till i reboot the computer for a windows update and it reseted constantly after boot.

So i don't know for the moment if it is needed to configure it so i can RMA, or if this pack isn't compatible with my ASUS.

Comment

Have you tried a lower frequency like 2133 with XMP enabled to see how it works?
      Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Yes i tried, but unfortunately nothing work. Finally it's just a bad kit, because sometimes it works whith just 1 DDR, sometimes not. I will just return them, too much effort for nothing, will try with kingston instead. Hard to find good ddr3 those days.
        Thanks for your answer anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X