Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GXH + Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + Intel i7-2600S

HI there,

I I am unable to get the system to boot after enabling XMP Profile 2 and all settings on auto. I have tried numerous configurations with timings and voltages and I still get the same problem. The system will start up, then restart immediately giving an error about unable to boot due to voltages. I haven't even seen a loading screen when set to rated speeds.

Booting at 1600MHz works fine, but 1866 or 2133 (manual settings and XMP profile 1/2) do not work.

Is this a motherboard problem, settings problem, RAM problem, or something else?

There is a similar thread with the headline F3-2133C9D-16GXH + GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 + i7 2600k and the same problem,
    but the settings mentioned there did not work for me. Note, that I am using a i7 2600S, which is supposed to be unoverclockable, but still oc up to 3.4Ghz.

Any hints on what I should do?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
    Benjamin

Maximize the tRFC memory timing setting in BIOS. You may need to try 1866 first, not sure if that CPU can support 2133.
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Hi there,
      with a tRFC memory timing setting of 255 with XMP 1 profile and 2133 Mhz works.
      As I understand, this slows the ram extremely, what can I try now, since I now know, that 2133 Mhz work in principal?

Thanks
      Ben

Comment

Higher density ICs need bigger tRFC values compared to lower density parts at a certain frequency. 8GB modules usually require a tRFC of 300+ for DDR3-2400+, while double sided 4GB modules can get away with half of that. If you don't actually need the capacity, a high end 2x2GB kit from way back when can run at DDR3-2133 with a tRFC of only 88 no problem. So pick your poison
        >> The official G.SKILL Memory Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)! << | [pictures] Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Since my system is stable now with 2133 Mhz I wanted to ask if I can tinker with / improve any of my settings. They are right now:
          DRAM Voltage 1.6V
          DRAM VRef. 0.75V
          DRAM Termination 0.75V
          CH-A+B Data Vref. 0.75V
          CH-A+B Address VRef 0.75V
          CAS Latency Time 9
          tRCD 11
          tRP 11
          tRAS 31
          tRC 33
          tRRD 4
          tWTR 8
          tWR 10
          tWTP 21
          tWL 8
          tRFC 255
          tRTP 8
          tFAW 20
          Command Rate CMD 2
          IO Latency 2
          Round Trip Latency 39

Thanks in advance

Comment

How are your Aida scores looking? You should get around 30K Read/Copy/Write at DDR3-2133.

Have you tried 1T Command rate? tWL 7/6? Other than that you can maybe get a bit more performance out of the tertiary timings:

(this is a 2x2GB kit, so ignore the difference on the primary and secondary side)
            >> The official G.SKILL Memory Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)! << | [pictures] Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
            X